Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
That was an interesting bit of qualifying. I need to check against the DVR, but on the F1TV app every time Karun joined from control to explain a video replay it wouldnā€™t switch to that feed. So heā€™d be explaining something but the video wasnā€™t there, lol.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I really hope it stays dusty and the track doesn't rubber in. That would make it more interesting.

Also... and this is only my opinion, but I would like to see Perez ahead of MV, then be given team orders to let MV go by for the points. That would be a nice bit of karma for the crap he pulled on Ocon back in Canada a few years ago where he wouldn't listen to the team and let Ocon past, possibly costing him a podium.

Overall I'd like to see Bottas take the win, just as a nice fuck you to Mercedes for giving him up.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I enjoyed the outcome, but it was a rather boring race. But even that says something, cuz Lewis just had no Answer for Max. His turn 1 move won him the race and Mercedes did absolutely nothing to stop it. I was a little worried on the safety car restart, but again, Max knew exactly what he needed to do. And as far as Mexico was concerned, Perez won that race :LOL:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Only took 14 laps before Hamilton started whining about his tires, which were predicted to last close to 30.

Bottas being behind Ricciardo for what, 20 something laps? Whatā€™s going on there?

I havenā€™t checked the media to see if Mercedes blamed Bottas for that fucked up stop ?.

Also canā€™t wait for the crying about how long it took to form up on the grid. The race director needs to get that under control, badly.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Why did horner blame tsunoda for the qualifying incident? Dude was so freaked out at the thought of holding up the flagship cars that he just left the track after giving Perez a tow, lol.

Seems like this should be blamed on perez, there's no reason for you to completely botch your last flying lap just because the guy in front of you went off track

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I could see if Tsunoda was in the way, like obstructing, or too close to the racing line. But Perez's ego this weekend was so huge he'd need a week to change his mind. We both know what it was, cause we've both seen it happen while on the track. Target Fixation.
Yeah drivers never admit fault, but for Horner to say it is bullshit. Target fixation shouldn't be a thing for an experienced f1 driver that gets paid millions of dollars per year.

Doesn't help RB's reputation regarding how they treat new drivers. Blame the rookie on the 2nd team for an error that was clearly the fault of a 10yr veteran on the flagship team.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Right here, watched it all.

Kind of sucks because itā€™s not LH fault, itā€™s his teamā€˜s fault. Like heā€™s going to go measure the gap of his DRS using 10nm of force.

Penalize the team.

He should consider himself lucky itā€™s just a start from the back of the grid for a sprint race to set the grid for the race. If it was a ā€œnormalā€ weekend heā€™d be screwed doing a whole race from the back. At least he has 24 laps to get closer to the front for tomorrowā€˜s race.

MV did get fined ā‚¬50,000 for touching LHā€™s naughty bits though.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I do agree these kinds of things suck for the driver. But they are a team, and they win as a team or they lose as a team
There are two championships though. Driver and Constructor. Penalize the constructor not the driver that didnā€™t know*.

*using a strong presumption that LH didnā€˜t know.

Thread Info