Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
What kind of bullshit is this. The qualifier is on espn news?? I get espn, espn 2, the university one and all that crap but why is it on the news channel?

Iā€™m pissed AF
Yeah, I didn't even notice that.

That's like when NBC was doing F1, they'd have it on CNBC, MSNBC, etc.

I thought, since you mentioned it, since the race is going to be live on ABC, maybe they were doing qualifying on ABC as well. Nope, college football during that time slot.

Also, qualifying at 4pm CDT? Seems kind of late in the day. They used to do qualifying at the same time the race would start. So if the race start was Sunday 2pm, qualifying would be 2pm Saturday.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
1634948975399.png

1634949015841.png

1634949060705.png

1634949094159.png

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Whatā€™s the over-under on LH/MV contact going into T1?

Also, though they took their sweet ass time, the developers did a nice job porting the iOS/iPadOS over to TVOS. Layout is good, functions the same as the app, might even be a touch more reactive when changing views.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Whatā€™s the over-under on LH/MV contact going into T1?

Also, though they took their sweet ass time, the developers did a nice job porting the iOS/iPadOS over to TVOS. Layout is good, functions the same as the app, might even be a touch more reactive when changing views.
I think max will be much more cautious after losing out on 25 points in silverstone.

I hope there isn't any contact, because Lewis has mastered the art of ensuring that any time they touch he comes out of it in equal or better shape than his rival lol. Prob had a lot of practice perfecting that in 2016

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I'll still watch the race. There should be some close action all around.

Not sure if I caught it right, but wasn't Mazepin's Q1 time like +45 seconds behind P19 since he had his lap time deleted? Thought there was a rule that you had to be within 107% of the pole sitter's time to be eligible to race. Or is that an old rule? I know that if you can demonstrate consistent lap times during practice that will count if you can't make qualifying, but he did.

Still hard to believe the center of the front wings are scraping the ground. Wonder how many parts we're gonna see falling off the cars, or mechanical failures? Though the cars seemed to handle it better than the MotoGP bikes did. Imagine if they were running next year's wheel/tire specs? That's a whole lot less sidewall to help with the suspension.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I'll still watch the race. There should be some close action all around.

Not sure if I caught it right, but wasn't Mazepin's Q1 time like +45 seconds behind P19 since he had his lap time deleted? Thought there was a rule that you had to be within 107% of the pole sitter's time to be eligible to race. Or is that an old rule? I know that if you can demonstrate consistent lap times during practice that will count if you can't make qualifying, but he did.

Still hard to believe the center of the front wings are scraping the ground. Wonder how many parts we're gonna see falling off the cars, or mechanical failures? Though the cars seemed to handle it better than the MotoGP bikes did. Imagine if they were running next year's wheel/tire specs? That's a whole lot less sidewall to help with the suspension.
I know thatā€™s the rule for motogp. Not sure about f1

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
This is not giving anything away that we donā€™t already expect, but did Mazepin know that he was in a race and not a parade? Holy crap was he going slow. Was he out in a kart?

Iā€™ll say it again, leaders using backmarkers to get DRS is complete horseshit. I donā€™t care who the winner of the race was today, but that needs to stop.

Thread Info