Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
They have Button. They donā€™t need Mr No Personality there.

Iā€™d like to see Bob Varsha, Hobbo, and Brundle/Button as commentators. Leave Matchett in 1994 where he seems to live with the Benetton team as that is all he can seem to reference.

Keep Ted, obviously.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Lmao. Seems like DTS is 100x more exciting than the actual races

i can tell just by looking at the results that I donā€™t care to watch this race
Your assessment would be accurate.

I have a comment about something that happened at the end of the race that is not a spoiler.

Bottas got fastest lap. But to be a selfish dick LH just had to have it. So came in on the next lap for fresh softs and took the point from Bottas. Yes I know it helps with his battle against MV, but thatā€™s still a dick move.

If I were Bottas Iā€™d be actively looking to leave the team the way Iā€™ve been getting fucked by Mercedes lately.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

I have a comment about something that happened at the end of the race that is not a spoiler.

Bottas got fastest lap. But to be a selfish dick LH just had to have it. So came in on the next lap for fresh softs and took the point from Bottas. Yes I know it helps with his battle against MV, but thatā€™s still a dick move.

If I were Bottas Iā€™d be actively looking to leave the team the way Iā€™ve been getting fucked by Mercedes lately.
I really really want to see MV take the title this year.

whats up with Perez, did he give any reasons for his poor qualifying? Dude better be careful or heā€™ll end up at alpha tauri

Reactions: blue-sun

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

I just read that the team actually told bottas to slow down so that Lewis got the fastest lap, and he ignored it

fuck Mercedes

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
whats up with Perez, did he give any reasons for his poor qualifying? Dude better be careful or heā€™ll end up at alpha tauri

He didn't get a chance to put his lap in. He got held up by everyone else going slow on their outlaps and missed crossing the line before the checkered flag by like a second. That's more red bulls fault than his not getting him out. He definitely proved he had pace today. would've been great if he couldve been up at the front w/ max.

I enjoyed this race. It wasn't a walk in the park for Max. Hamilton was close enough for most of the race that one error from Max and it might have turned out very differently. I don't think it should be understated how well Max actually drove today. It was definitely more of a strategy race than on track action, but man, my stomach was actually in knots most of the race, cuz I was just WAITING for something to happen :LOL: I am glad everyone kept it clean tho and we didn't have to do any laps behind the safety car or have any red flags for once. The track is awesome, and how can you not get drawn into the energy of the dutch fans? The atmosphere was just amazing, I haven't seen anything like it since.....I don't know ever.

I was SO happy when Bottas came into pit for softs at the end. I was hoping for that, because if I were Bottas that's exactly what I would have done, because fuck it! But then hamilton complains and the team tells him to slow down, ugh. I wouldn't have done it. And I think this might be a record of Hamilton starting to complain about his tires 5 laps into the race. And it never stopped for the rest of the race. But thats Hamilton.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Has Russell been officially announced yet? I haven't seen that yet, But I mean, we know. :LOL:
It's official, benz posted it on their f1 page yesterday. I can't wait to see the dynamics between russell and hamilton.

I want to see Russell put the merc team in a position that they have to make a decision that doesn't favor hamilton

Reactions: IDAFC21

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
It's official, benz posted it on their f1 page yesterday. I can't wait to see the dynamics between russell and hamilton.

I want to see Russell put the merc team in a position that they have to make a decision that doesn't favor hamilton

It's gonna be interesting for sure. I don't think it'll get as bad as Rosberg/Ham taking each other out in the first lap like happened years ago, I think in Canada, right?

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
It's gonna be interesting for sure. I don't think it'll get as bad as Rosberg/Ham taking each other out in the first lap like happened years ago, I think in Canada, right?
Def shouldn't be anywhere near that bad. I'm just saying it's clear that bottas was treated like a #2 driver even though toto says that's not how mercedes works. I don't think they'll treat Russell the same way, and Hamilton will miss the preferential treatment.

Reactions: blue-sun

Thread Info