Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Good for him to speak out. Although itā€™s easy to say refund the fans when itā€™s not your money. Iā€™m sure the track needs those funds as they paid a lot of money to host the race and pay everyone.
Yeah Iā€™m sure he wouldnā€™t give up a penny of his $50m salary to help reimburse fans.

Why didnā€™t they reschedule for tomorrow?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
It wasn't too bad, price wise, when me Bru Bru and IDAFC21 IDAFC21 went years back.

Wouldn't conflict with Tour either...theoretically.

I didnā€™t think it was that bad considering how chock-full the weekend is with racing and other entertainment. I mean, we didnā€™t get to see any of that because we were rained out for two days before we saw any on track action, but theoretically.

Reactions: Mook

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Fun race

FB_IMG_1630284889539.jpg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
REALLY REALLY random thought. But TCG goes to F1 next year? Austin probably makes the most sense. Miami is probably going to be a shit show and insanely expensive... especially for the first year.

I toyed with the idea of going to a Canada Grand Prix a few years ago when I had a buddy who lived in Detroit which was about halfway there IIRC.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
lol.. I was all excited to watch the race after the qualifying and avoided all spoilers. started the replay of the race and was like.. ohh rain.. 10 min delay. FastForward 10 mins.... ohh 20 min delay. forward 20 mins and was like ohh fuck. skipped like 45 min ahead.. then an hour. then to the podium celebration.. lol. That was a let down.

• Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
srsly though, why didn't they reschedule for Monday

Props to the announcers for managing to talk for 3.5 hours with no racing to discuss whatsoever lol. NFW I could have done that
It came up at one point during the rain delay.

The Stewards have M-F jobs. There were logistical issues with the TV crew as well. They mentioned had it been postponed to today, the race may have happened (if there were stewards available) but it may not have been televised.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I think theyā€™re going to keep Bottas around for next year. Theyā€™re developing a new car and will want someone with experience to help sort it out. Can only do so much in a simulator. Canā€™t see them taking a risk with Russell, even though heā€™s fast in the current car. Hamilton, no matter his Whinyness says, wonā€™t want to be dealing with a new driver while sorting out the car. Though it might give him an excuse if they falter. He definitely wonā€™t want another Rosberg situation to contend with.

Thread Info