Sports 🏎️ Official Formula 1 Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Yeah theres gonna be appeals. The whole situation is so weird tho. If Im understanding it right, Mercedes legally shared CAD drawings with racing point, back when brake ducts werent considered a "listed part", meaning its not a bespoke part that the team has to create themselves, so RP was well within their legal right to "copy" them and run them, which they did on the front ducts last year, which also carried into this year. But between last year and this year, the FIA changed the rules making brake ducts listed parts. Which, since they ran the front ducts last year, they were STILL within their right to run the ducts on this years car....BUT. It sounds like for this year, they changed the rear ducts also to mercedes design, which they DIDNT run last year, so that's now against the rules and thats what got them in trouble. :LOL: Oh F1. Dont ever change.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I think I have qualifying on the DVR, but am going riding for the day.

No spoilers!
giphy.gif

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
No spoilers, but the grid looks fun for tomorrow
Damn straight. Just watched qualifying from yesterday morning. About to start watching the race.

So glad Hulkenberg qualified P3. Put a good car under him and he proves himself. Would be nice to see him back next year.

I was never a Vettel fan, but since Canada last year I started to like him. Feeling bad for him now. Seems like he’s got a shit car and Ferrari aren’t interested in making it work for him since he won’t be driving for them next year. Not to mention how far down on power their engines are now.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Soon as I heard Rosbergs voice in FP2 I got a good nap in for about half the session.

Although I did wake up to hear "Look at this fucking clown." :bowrofl: Oh Kvyat. Don't ever change.
No shit? So did I! The reverse grid talk was BS. I Can see where they’re going with it. But now you’ll have an additional half-race od engine hours on the ICU and other parts. Plus, if you crash you bette hope the FIA lets you pull an all nighter to fix the car.

There is also a MotoGP race this weekend. I think at Aragon.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Im really not opposed to the reverse grid ideas, but yeah, there would definitely NEED to be changes to the power unit and engine regs to accommodate for it, which of course would ultimately lead to more costs, which would never fly with todays FIA. I also got a good laugh out of the one fan suggesting bringing back refueling :ROFLMAO: I will admit when they first took it away I was like what! come on! But now I wouldn't ever want it back, and i don't miss it at all. Sure it adds and extra level of strategy maybe, but like they said it all happens in the pits, not on track. I love our 2 second pit stops.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Only reason I’d like refueling back is so they can get rid of the fuel flow restriction to let the engines really make full power. Running a specific amount of fuel load means they have to restrict how much they use during the race.

Granted it will never come back due to the safety aspect, which is obviously more important.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Just finished up the race. Almost fell asleep at the beginning, but the action picked up and there were some nice moves here and there, from further back in the field at least
I can’t believe the gap from 3rd to 4th. Just kept growing.

everyone up to 3rd getting lapped. Talk about an unbalanced field.

Vettel got fucked by his own team. Maybe he should have pitted and changed his own tires.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Vettel did great with what he had out there. By the time the team asked him "do you think we can go to the end?" it was way too late to come in. If he had pit after that point he would have been out of the top 10 for sure. Now whether he wanted to come in earlier and the team ignored him....

Also Red Bull were on point w/ their pit stops today.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Vettel did great with what he had out there. By the time the team asked him "do you think we can go to the end?" it was way too late to come in. If he had pit after that point he would have been out of the top 10 for sure. Now whether he wanted to come in earlier and the team ignored him....

Also Red Bull were on point w/ their pit stops today.
He had asked the team the same question like 10-15 laps earlier. They were repeating his question which frustrated him. The places he lost was better than had he pit, but he still lost those places.

Thread Info