Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Well they couldnā€™t have pitted after max got his 2nd set of hards or else max would have just stayed out

I mean just covering what RedBull did. Once max went in then Lewis could have the next time around. Even if he slightly came out behind he clearly had a better pace on new tires.

Multiple times Lewis was asking about coming in. Iā€™m shocked

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, Merc screwed themselves on that one.

I donā€™t think there was anything illegal with the Merc cars. I am surprised at how poorly Bottas did throughout the race though.

Sad to see Kimi literally retire halfway through.

As soon as I saw what happened with the safety car I knew what the outcome would be.

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock

Youā€™re right, there are no words

7ABD6116-E79B-4B0B-8B10-D3C16C0BA7C3.jpeg

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

What a season and what a finish. Canā€™t get more dramatic then going down to the last lap.

Just finished up the race. I canā€™t help but feel like Iā€™m gonna see a time penalty come across the bottom of my screen. Doesnā€™t seem real.

One thing is for sure, I definitely donā€™t envy being the race director. Talk about stress.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Yeah, what they did is probably a first only letting 4 cars through. It was odd. Best thing for the fans for sure.

Mercedes already has two protests in. One for safety car restart procedure and one for max ā€œpassingā€ under the safety car.

Neither will work for them. Masi already was annoyed with Toto on the radio. Masi was like ā€œToto this is a motor raceā€. I loved when he said that

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Neither will work for them. Masi already was annoyed with Toto on the radio. Masi was like ā€œToto this is a motor raceā€. I loved when he said that
This is honestly the only thing that matters. People getting hung up on stupid rules about lapped cars and everything ā€œthey only let 5 thoughā€ bla bla blaā€¦ at the end of the day it was a race. The 2 guys in 1st and 2nd got a fair shake in the last lap.

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
So, OOC, does anyone think MV was going to make this corner at a race pace? Yes he made it but had to drop speed a serious amount, enough for the pack to catch up.

ACE34332-D07F-4A7F-B480-0E85BE6DCEB2.jpg

hereā€™s the angle his teammate was at, at race pace:

74D54912-9763-4E23-830C-29C6077CDD69.jpg
Thatā€™s what makes him exciting though- he goes for those tiny gaps. He doesnā€™t just concede that ā€œLewis is faster so Iā€™ll just race my own raceā€ like everybody else does. Lewis was even bitching about Perez not just letting him by. Like you realize this is a race, not just an exhibition of how much faster the Mercedesā€™ is than everybody else. The entire season would have been a giant parade if not for max

Reactions: Z28Camaro

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So, OOC, does anyone think MV was going to make this corner at a race pace? Yes he made it but had to drop speed a serious amount, enough for the pack to catch up.

That was a fair pass imo, and Hamilton took full advantage by cutting the entire corner. Dude didnā€™t even try to get back on track quickly

that call went in Mercedesā€™ favor, and the calls for the final laps were for the fans, and max came out on top.

Mercedesā€™ screwed up the pit strategy and it cost LH the championship. They didnā€™t want to race for the last lap because his tires were 40+ laps old, their fault

Reactions: Z28Camaro

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Thatā€™s what makes him exciting though- he goes for those tiny gaps. He doesnā€™t just concede that ā€œLewis is faster so Iā€™ll just race my own raceā€ like everybody else does. Lewis was even bitching about Perez not just letting him by. Like you realize this is a race, not just an exhibition of how much faster the Mercedesā€™ is than everybody else. The entire season would have been a giant parade if not for max

Cannot like this enough. When he came on the radio talking about ā€œdangerous drivingā€ again I almost threw the remote at the tv.

Itā€™s almost like heā€™s becoming the Lebron of the sport. Was a great athlete, but slowly is tarnishing his image with these antics

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
That was a fair pass imo, and Hamilton took full advantage by cutting the entire corner. Dude didnā€™t even try to get back on track quickly

that call went in Mercedesā€™ favor, and the calls for the final laps were for the fans, and max came out on top.

Mercedesā€™ screwed up the pit strategy and it cost LH the championship. They didnā€™t want to race for the last lap because his tires were 40+ laps old, their fault
There is no way MV was making that corner without possibly hitting another car, regardless of whom it was.

LH did get an advantage and squandered it. If LH had joined right where MV was then itā€™d be different, but it would then be the same thing MV did last race and would be an unsafe re-entry.

He should have given the place back and then just taken the position in the straights since he had the speed.

Iā€™ll still say DRS is complete horseshit.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch

Hamilton left the door wide open, max was ahead of Lewis at the apex due to some fantastic late braking, he stayed in control and on the track. There was nothing illegal with it. Hamilton shouldā€™ve given that position back.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I donā€™t think it was illegal, just that there was no way he was making that turn without hitting someone. The angle heā€™s at, heā€™s is aiming towards the run off, not the next corner.

The way these two have been pulling shit all season neither should have won. Imagine THAT shitstorm, lol.

And Iā€™ve NEVER seen a safety car come in that quick. Race direction was a mess.

When Latifi binned it they should have red flagged the race. Both MV and LH could have switched to new softs, then do a five lap sprint. That would have been more exciting to watch. Hell, they might have taken each other out, but MV would still have won the title.

Thread Info