Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So I can keep talking to myself and keep the thread going, Buxton had an interesting prediction.

Lewis takes an engine change starts at back (20th)
MV crashes in Qualifying and starts 19th
They battle through the field for the entire GP
LH finishes 9th
MV finishes 10th but gets fastest lap and on count of most races won he get championship

Funny take

However, the Belgian win is bogus as there really was no race. That's going to be a controversial point.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
So I can keep talking to myself and keep the thread going, Buxton had an interesting prediction.

Lewis takes an engine change starts at back (20th)
MV crashes in Qualifying and starts 19th
They battle through the field for the entire GP
LH finishes 9th
MV finishes 10th but gets fastest lap and on count of most races won he get championship

Funny take

However, the Belgian win is bogus as there really was no race. That's going to be a controversial point.

Funny thing is this year they are so much faster than everyone they could quite literally start 20th and 19th and still finish 1 and 2. Itā€™s happened more than once this year. Start last and still finish on the podium.

Honestly should just give them a default 1/2 start

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Hmmmm, an empty seat? Who should be there?
1639160521710.png

Oh, Gene magically appeared!
1639160607278.png

Wait, enhance:
1639160632736.png

Yup, Guenther's body was cloned with Gene's head photoshopped on to it, poorly.
1639160745044.png

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Love the message on Kimi's car :LOL:

god this is it. And after 2 practice sessions.......its still completely unknown. Tho I think you would have to say that Mercedes are sitting quite nicely for this weekend....

I do like the new layout and love how EVERYONE is blaming Karun ?? Even Christian called him out for removing all the weak parts of the track for the Mercs. Turn 9 looks fun, but I agree w/ the thoughts that it might not necessarily improve overtaking. I do love the reprofiling they did in 12-15 tho. That definitely looks a hell of a lot smoother and better flow now, tho I think it somewhat diminishes the impending doom of the mini wall of champions at the exit of 14, HOWEVER, as the Finns have shown, it can still reach out and bite you.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
"I might have made a little contact with the wall" ?

Good thing the barriers are there, otherwise he'd have ended up in the marina.

For Kimi, look on the other side of the car. Has a message for Antonio as well. I think both cars have the same messages.

But this is the last race for this generation of car as well.

Reactions: IDAFC21

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Itā€™s going to be interesting, I still donā€™t know whatā€™s going to happen. I still give advantage Mercedesā€™. Max has to start on soft tires while merc is on medium, also max got a big tow from checco, so without the tow would he still be on pole? How much closer would it have been.

Itā€™s always good to qualify #1 but honestly especially this year being in the top 3 is basically the same as #1. Any of them can swap places at any moment. If Mercedesā€™ is as fast as they have been the last 3 races it wonā€™t matter. Max will hold on for 10-15 laps, finally Lewis will get DRS and then drive off into the distance

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Really weird that Mercedes didnā€™t try and use bottle for a tow when they just saw how well it worked for RB.

May not work as well for them. Their car already has the legs on the straight. The question would be how much more does it have to give top speed wise. DRS open plus a tow. They already are way ahead with just DRS.

On the flip, maybe they couldnā€™t get lined up for it in time to get it right.

Also the merc cars do not seem to react as well with someone in front. They pull away with clean air but if they are stuck behind max or someone it takes them a long time to get out of it

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Again though pole really means nothing these last few races. Itā€™s a 2 horse race no one else is even within 15 seconds of them. I just look for consistency and thatā€™s been on merc. Lewis is consistently very quick. Setting fastest lap times throughout each race as it goes on and fuel burns off.

Unless there is a crash or pit stop miracle or strategy miracle I donā€™t see RedBull winning this unfortunately.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Man that was something. The drivers may not be nervous for tomorrow but I sure as hell am :LOL:

They kept talking about Max flat spotting that tire and being "forced" on the softs, but I have a feeling it was always red bull's intent to start on the softs. Starting on the softs on pole is going to be a huge advantage for him, tho he's going to have to go like hell to try and pull away from Lewis in that first stint......if he even can. araarghh jesus im already having a nervous breakdown :run::run::run:

And NORRIS!!!

Thread Info