Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I love the excuse ā€œI didnā€™t know why he was slowingā€ā€¦.. ummm ok? Arenā€™t you in a race? Isnā€™t the point to pass him? You need permission before you are allowed to pass your main rival or something?
Lewis knew exactly what he was doing. He didnā€™t want to give max that DRS zone and was staying behind on purpose.

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I wonder what would happen if next race they took each other a-la Prost/Senna in the first corner. Theyā€™re equal on points. Think it goes down to who has the most wins, then best ranking of podiums.
Max would win, assuming he doesnā€™t get some kind of DQ for purposely taking out Hamilton

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Max would win, assuming he doesnā€™t get some kind of DQ for purposely taking out Hamilton
yeah, but win based on? Need to back that up.

I looked it up. Like I thought, if points are equal (which they are), championship is decided by who has the most wins during the season. Right now LH - 8, MV - 9.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
yeah, but win based on? Need to back that up.

I looked it up. Like I thought, if points are equal (which they are), championship is decided by who has the most wins during the season. Right now LH - 8, MV - 9.

Exactly what I was saying some posts back. If merc comes out with a clear advantage next week in practice and qualifying, Hamilton better install some go kart bumpers around his car. Max already has shown heā€™s not afraid to get aggressive and push the limit.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I just think its so fitting we go into the final race DEAD even on points. I mean you couldn't script ANY of the shit that went down this season. This last gen of these cars are certainly going out w/ a bang. (and a carbon fiber shower)

No matter what happens, this season will go up there w/ the all time greats

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I go back and forth on that. There is no denying the car/team is a HUGE factor in all of his successes, but at the same time Lewis is a FORCE. Bottas has the same car, and he's not an incompetent driver, and he can barely do half of what Lewis does in that car. Like him or not, you have to respect him. But again, yes even w/ his drive and commitment he wouldn't be where he is right w/out that car and team behind him.

This is what makes me so nervous for Russell next year. I wanna see him do so well, but he will not be the kind of team mate to Lewis that Bottas has been. I'm not saying we'll have another hamilton/rosberg situation on our hands, but next year Lewis really will be on an island.

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I go back and forth on that. There is no denying the car/team is a HUGE factor in all of his successes, but at the same time Lewis is a FORCE. Bottas has the same car, and he's not an incompetent driver, and he can barely do half of what Lewis does in that car. Like him or not, you have to respect him. But again, yes even w/ his drive and commitment he wouldn't be where he is right w/out that car and team behind him.

This is what makes me so nervous for Russell next year. I wanna see him do so well, but he will not be the kind of team mate to Lewis that Bottas has been. I'm not saying we'll have another hamilton/rosberg situation on our hands, but next year Lewis really will be on an island.

Do you really think they have the same car? Like if they swapped cars before a race Lewis would still be as fast as he was in his own car? I highly doubt it.

Donā€™t get me wrong, heā€™s a fantastic driver- that is why he has the opportunity to be in the fastest car on the grid. I hope russell ends up being like a Rosberg situation. That was really entertaining. Who knows though with all the cars getting changed around so much.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Aside from being a whiner my only gripe with Hamilton is that heā€™s perfected the art of spinning people out and getting off scot free

I just watched the highlights since Iā€™m out of town. Verstappen is a lot of fun to watch for sure

wish Hamiltonā€™s car would have had more damage after the impact with MV

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Do you really think they have the same car? Like if they swapped cars before a race Lewis would still be as fast as he was in his own car? I highly doubt it.

Donā€™t get me wrong, heā€™s a fantastic driver- that is why he has the opportunity to be in the fastest car on the grid. I hope russell ends up being like a Rosberg situation. That was really entertaining. Who knows though with all the cars getting changed around so much.

Ok, "same" car, perhaps that term is relative :LOL: I'm CERTAIN this car/chassis has been developed to Lewis's driving style, and the team support is largely in lewis's favor, so maybe it doesnt quite suit bottas's driving style. But as far as insinuating that lewis's car has "better" parts than bottas's car? I can't buy into that. Unless mercedes is cheating.

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
His fans will say itā€™s because racism. Personally I just like seeing something other than a Mercedes 25 seconds ahead of every other car and when a Mercedes gets new tires and goes back out in the track behind other cars they all move out of his way because ā€œitā€™s not their race to winā€. Is Max reckless? Maybe but FFS at least itā€™s exciting to watch

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
His fans will say itā€™s because racism. Personally I just like seeing something other than a Mercedes 25 seconds ahead of every other car and when a Mercedes gets new tires and goes back out in the track behind other cars they all move out of his way because ā€œitā€™s not their race to winā€. Is Max reckless? Maybe but FFS at least itā€™s exciting to watch

Agreed. Loved the dual between them, but 3rd place was what 25 second back? Like dude. Max got 15 seconds of penalties and it didnā€™t matter, could have gotten another 5 seconds and it still wouldnā€™t have mattered.

2022 needs major changes, and hopefully the new cars help with this massive lopsided racing

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I wouldnā€™t say overall max is reckless, he simply does not yield. Wreckless would be simply crashing into all rivals at each corner and shoving them out of the way into a wall.

Lewis is all frustrated because like you said heā€™s used to people just getting out of the way. But with max when they enter a corner and both are on a somewhat racing line, max simply will not back off. Thatā€™s not wreckless itā€™s what F1 should be

Reactions: Stink Star

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I wouldnā€™t say overall max is reckless, he simply does not yield. Wreckless would be simply crashing into all rivals at each corner and shoving them out of the way into a wall.

Lewis is all frustrated because like you said heā€™s used to people just getting out of the way. But with max when they enter a corner and both are on a somewhat racing line, max simply will not back off. Thatā€™s not wreckless itā€™s what F1 should be

exactly. Thatā€™s why Lewis is whining all the time. Max doesnā€™t simply let him by like heā€™s supposed to since the Mercedes is clearly the faster car

Thread Info