Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I think Horner read Schumacherā€™s impact very well. He had a hunch itā€™d be red flagged like with Leclerc, so had MV stay out for a free tire change.

Tire changes during red flags shouldnā€™t be allowed unless itā€™s switch from slicks to inters or wets due to conditions.

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I think Horner read Schumacherā€™s impact very well. He had a hunch itā€™d be red flagged like with Leclerc, so had MV stay out for a free tire change.

Tire changes during red flags shouldnā€™t be allowed unless itā€™s switch from slicks to inters or wets due to conditions.

sounds like brilliant strategy knowing the rules allow tire changes.

Red Bull had no choice but to stay out. If they also pitted they were behind Bottas who was going unnecessarily slow so they would have still been in 3rd. If they stayed out they are least had track position to set any pace they wanted and the possibility of another safety car later to get a tire change

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I think itā€™s a combination of MVā€™s actions. Gained a position going off track and not entering the track safely.

I donā€™t think theyā€™ve done anything about MV slowing up and then moving as LHV went around him.

That ā€œgive it back before DRS then use DRSā€ was crafty, but he didnā€™t give the position back long enough.

Thread Info