Drag to reposition cover

Official Formula 1 Thread

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
What kind of bullshit is this. The qualifier is on espn news?? I get espn, espn 2, the university one and all that crap but why is it on the news channel?

I’m pissed AF

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
What kind of bullshit is this. The qualifier is on espn news?? I get espn, espn 2, the university one and all that crap but why is it on the news channel?

I’m pissed AF
Yeah, I didn't even notice that.

That's like when NBC was doing F1, they'd have it on CNBC, MSNBC, etc.

I thought, since you mentioned it, since the race is going to be live on ABC, maybe they were doing qualifying on ABC as well. Nope, college football during that time slot.

Also, qualifying at 4pm CDT? Seems kind of late in the day. They used to do qualifying at the same time the race would start. So if the race start was Sunday 2pm, qualifying would be 2pm Saturday.

WhiteKnuckleScat

Mopowah Baby!!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Y’all see ricciardo’s helmet this weekend. He’s also getting a drive in zac browns NASCAR. Apparently a bet they had if McLaren came 1/2 this year.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Man I'm not used to F1 being in the same-ish relative time zone as me :LOL: Woke up to my usual practice of loading the espn app on my xbox to watch practice and quali........only to realize, they haven't even happened yet! :LOL: Been a long time since I've watched any action live on tv

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
And thats FP3 done. Now I wait for quali. Man its gonna be close.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
What’s the over-under on LH/MV contact going into T1?

Also, though they took their sweet ass time, the developers did a nice job porting the iOS/iPadOS over to TVOS. Layout is good, functions the same as the app, might even be a touch more reactive when changing views.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
What’s the over-under on LH/MV contact going into T1?

Also, though they took their sweet ass time, the developers did a nice job porting the iOS/iPadOS over to TVOS. Layout is good, functions the same as the app, might even be a touch more reactive when changing views.
I think max will be much more cautious after losing out on 25 points in silverstone.

I hope there isn't any contact, because Lewis has mastered the art of ensuring that any time they touch he comes out of it in equal or better shape than his rival lol. Prob had a lot of practice perfecting that in 2016

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well if everything does go tits up at turn 1 tomorrow at least I'll have the rest of the day to actually get some shit done :LOL:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll still watch the race. There should be some close action all around.

Not sure if I caught it right, but wasn't Mazepin's Q1 time like +45 seconds behind P19 since he had his lap time deleted? Thought there was a rule that you had to be within 107% of the pole sitter's time to be eligible to race. Or is that an old rule? I know that if you can demonstrate consistent lap times during practice that will count if you can't make qualifying, but he did.

Still hard to believe the center of the front wings are scraping the ground. Wonder how many parts we're gonna see falling off the cars, or mechanical failures? Though the cars seemed to handle it better than the MotoGP bikes did. Imagine if they were running next year's wheel/tire specs? That's a whole lot less sidewall to help with the suspension.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
I'll still watch the race. There should be some close action all around.

Not sure if I caught it right, but wasn't Mazepin's Q1 time like +45 seconds behind P19 since he had his lap time deleted? Thought there was a rule that you had to be within 107% of the pole sitter's time to be eligible to race. Or is that an old rule? I know that if you can demonstrate consistent lap times during practice that will count if you can't make qualifying, but he did.

Still hard to believe the center of the front wings are scraping the ground. Wonder how many parts we're gonna see falling off the cars, or mechanical failures? Though the cars seemed to handle it better than the MotoGP bikes did. Imagine if they were running next year's wheel/tire specs? That's a whole lot less sidewall to help with the suspension.
I know that’s the rule for motogp. Not sure about f1

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Enjoy. I watched it mostly live. Did pause it for about 20 minutes somewheres arounnnnddd lap 37 i think? I needed some lunch.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
This is not giving anything away that we don’t already expect, but did Mazepin know that he was in a race and not a parade? Holy crap was he going slow. Was he out in a kart?

I’ll say it again, leaders using backmarkers to get DRS is complete horseshit. I don’t care who the winner of the race was today, but that needs to stop.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
That was pretty lucky for [REDACTED] that he caught Mick when he did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom