Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Man it took awhile to get there, but what a quali!!!

I do feel bad for Norris tho, he was switched on. That really suuuuucks. Just glad he is OK tho.

And motherfucking RUSSELL!!! I think this is probably the only time this season I've not been cheering for Max to get pole :LOL: My god what a lap that williams put in. Rain truly is the great equalizer. If this doesn't increase his consideration for Bottas's seat next season, I dont know what will.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have a sneaking suspicion that Bottas will retain his seat next year. Hamilton will not want a young upstart challenging him. Itā€™s a new car on top of that.

So maybe a 1 year extension and then Russell gets the #2 spot at Merc. Canā€™t see them keeping Bottas around long enough to be the #1 driver when Hamilton retires, or even the ā€œseasoned talentā€ like Ferrari did with Massa.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
giphy.gif

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
I wonder if they were determined to get a ā€œraceā€ in to fill some sponsee obligation or something. Iā€™ve been watching F1 about 9-10 years and never saw this before.
Iā€™m all for safety cause I remember watching Jules Bianchis crash when they were racing in a typhoon but this just seems dumb. The fans are probably pissed, Iā€™d imagine a lot of teams arenā€™t happy about it either.

Thread Info