WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
I think Merc just fucked Bottas.

By not giving him the soft? Post race they asked him about it and said he didnā€™t think it mattered. Donā€™t know if he was just putting on the PR spin but itā€™s hard to imagine heā€™d have caught Lewis. Lewis again just in a league of his own managing tires and the race.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
By not giving him the soft? Post race they asked him about it and said he didnā€™t think it mattered. Donā€™t know if he was just putting on the PR spin but itā€™s hard to imagine heā€™d have caught Lewis. Lewis again just in a league of his own managing tires and the race.
Yeah, I agree, after a few laps they were talking about it and how the softs werenā€™t performing like they would have liked, hence the reason to go hards. But at that time he requested the softs thinking they would be better. So Merc made the right call. The whole ā€œdo the opposite of what Hamilton doesā€.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Imola this weekend! They haven't been there since 2006.

Gonna go heat up some breaded cheese curds, mozzarella sticks, and some garlic bread and watch FP1 and FP2. Yes, I know one of those three items isn't exactly an Italian thing. Shit, none of them probably are, LOL.
I guess I will not be watching FP1 and FP2, they are doing something weird this weekend.

There is a High Speed Test, FP1, then Qualifying. Not seeing the "High Speed Test" on the F1TV site either. That blows.

1604096748666.png

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Good lord. First 3/4 of the race were a snooze fest. And then....... :LOL: so many odd things happening
Was going to say this... I actually fell asleep for about 20 laps and don't think the order changed at all.

Interesting how the commentators keep praising Perez, it's getting old. They seem to forget he doesn't know how to follow [team] orders. That's a big thing when you're subordinate and possibly cost your team points and millions of dollars.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Wow, I haven't had the chance to sit down to watch yet. Today has been busier than most.

IIRC that track doesn't get used much, maybe only for F1, so I have little doubt it's a shit show. Hopefully they're sliding around a lot, which will make qualifying and the race more interesting, instead of getting mostly a parade for the race.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
JUST finished up quali. I tried watching it earlier today but it was taking so long I had to stop because I NEEDED to wash my BMW today, so I had to get out there before I ran out of daylight. I still did run out of daylight :LOL: but all i have left is to put the finishing touches on my wheels/tires.

Man what a weekend. It's definitely been entertaining, but I really wanted to see what these new cars could do on this track at full send. Verstappen must be fuming. He was in another league the whole time on those full wets... Even tho this is the slowest ive ever seen F1 cars being driven on a track, I was fascinated any time they went to an onboard shot, just looking at how much work the drivers had to put in to keep those cars on the road (mostly)

Might actually have to get up early tomorrow. This could be a long race :LOL:

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
JUST finished up quali. I tried watching it earlier today but it was taking so long I had to stop because I NEEDED to wash my BMW today, so I had to get out there before I ran out of daylight. I still did run out of daylight :LOL: but all i have left is to put the finishing touches on my wheels/tires.

Man what a weekend. It's definitely been entertaining, but I really wanted to see what these new cars could do on this track at full send. Verstappen must be fuming. He was in another league the whole time on those full wets... Even tho this is the slowest ive ever seen F1 cars being driven on a track, I was fascinated any time they went to an onboard shot, just looking at how much work the drivers had to put in to keep those cars on the road (mostly)

Might actually have to get up early tomorrow. This could be a long race :LOL:
Wonā€™t be more than two hours unless there is a red flag condition. The races are for a set distance, but a maximum [racing] time of two hours.

The Canadian GP that JB won in the rain from the back of the grid was almost called to time limits, but they just managed to get a full race in.

The track surface is way to slick for them to run at 100% though.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Do you guys think Stroll will be able to handle the pressure of being in pole position? I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he beaches it in turn 1.
Also, that crap they did in qualifying if penalizing people for ignoring the yellow flag after they advanced into the next round was some bs. They canā€™t do that crap again or no midfield team will adhere to the flags.

Thread Info