Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Button brings so much to the table, not only his knowledge of racing, which is actually genuine, but the way he ribs and jabs the other commentators :LOL: Thats why he was and still is my favorite driver.

Just got done w/ FP1 and 2. So great seeing F1 cars flying around this track. Im kinda liking the ferrari's tribute color. It doesn't show up that great on TV, but its an awesome color.

And Perez being Perez.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
More downforce probably.

Definitely downforce. I was actually impressed they're touching near 200 on the straight. The fact that they can keep it flat from turn 6 all the way through 9 is just astonishing o_O My brain can't even deal with it. And the G's they pull through there as well, crazy.

Also Russell has some giant brass marbles, when he went off into the gravel at 7 during his quali run, he didnt lift one bit. And he STILL qualified higher than his team mate :LOL:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Positions on lap 9.
it's like the Spa carnage from 2012, only that was in the rain. This was in the dry.

The back of the pack got on the throttle and tried to overtake before they crossed the start/finish line. Their mistake, not Bottas's.
1600004627660.png

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
So, for the first time I'm watching the data on the F1TV.com site but the broadcast on Directv. There is like a good 10-15 second delay on the F1 site vs the satellite, which surprised me. So trying to sync the two up. Not easy.

I used to do that but it pissed me off not only for that reason, but if I had to watch the race delayed there was no way to avoid race spoilers when you log in. Iā€™m able to watch live more now so maybe I should give it another go.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
It took a bit of back and forth but I got it within 0.25 seconds or so. I used the audio to sync it best I could, then muted the laptop. I then did a second tab, so one is showing track position in real time, the other is showing the splits. But each tab has its own audio feed, so those are out of sync by about the same time.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
I kinda feel bad, my wife and kids went apple picking in Indiana today. I stayed home. But at the same time, Sundayā€™s in the fall are the best. Windows open, formula one in the am, bears at noon. Perfect lazy day. I have a little bit of work on the car I need to do for my track day tomorrow but thatā€™s about it.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I kinda feel bad, my wife and kids went apple picking in Indiana today. I stayed home. But at the same time, Sundayā€™s in the fall are the best. Windows open, formula one in the am, bears at noon. Perfect lazy day. I have a little bit of work on the car I need to do for my track day tomorrow but thatā€™s about it.
Bottas is going to like the restart, get him closer to Hamilton.

I need to change the brake pads/rotors on the car today if my back will handle it. If not, sanding/scraping some house trim paint and applying a new coat. Then when the grass dries out I'll get that cut. Just want the race to finish so I can get started on that stuff while it is nice out.

Thread Info