Real Name
Jim

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
It's good to see Hulkenberg back in the car. The interview with Otmar was pretty funny. I'd really like to see him whip Stroll's ass during the race(s). He is in a good car with excellent roots so if he can get on pace quickly he'll do well.

I'd like to see Nico get a result like Troy Bayliss (WSBK) had in 2006 at the MotoGP in Valencia race where it was a one-off and he ended leading the whole race and winning, just spanking everyone.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, I hope he gets the drive next weekend.

Canā€™t wait to see what happens with the tires next weekend when they are all shifted to the next softer compound. Remember a few years ago when a lot more tires went? Everyone was hurting.

i feel bad for Bottas. He worked hard keeping second all day just to lose it to tire failure.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, interestingly, Mercedes hasn't signed the Concorde agreement, nor are they willing to before the Aug 12th deadline. Meaning they haven't agreed to be locked in to Formula 1, protesting they are being mistreated. They also said Hamilton doesn't have a contract to drive next year.

Listening to the pit lane audio feed from FP2 via F1TV.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So, interestingly, Mercedes hasn't signed the Concorde agreement, nor are they willing to before the Aug 12th deadline. Meaning they haven't agreed to be locked in to Formula 1, protesting they are being mistreated. They also said Hamilton doesn't have a contract to drive next year.

Listening to the pit lane audio feed from FP2 via F1TV.
So who can give me the TLDR reasons that Mercedes won't sign but ferrari is eager to sign. Doesn't ferrari have the most to lose by being capped on budget?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
FYI, here is the options that I've found so far when watching the feed via F1TV

This uses the regular Sky audio feed
1596811081193.png

Alternative audio Sky feed (not Crofty and Diressssshhhhhhhta)
1596811097190.png

Back to regular Sky audio feed
1596811112166.png

Also regular Sky audio feed
1596811124860.png

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So who can give me the TLDR reasons that Mercedes won't sign but ferrari is eager to sign. Doesn't ferrari have the most to lose by being capped on budget?
When Crofty started to discuss it a few minutes later I only caught a few snippets, something about level playing field. Right when they started to discuss it the g/f started making all kinds of noise so I couldn't hear what they were saying. It's about the point where this is 55 minutes remaining, or so.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
My guess is they are dominating so a level playing field hurts them. Ferrari is sucking ass lately so any help they can get they are taking at this point.

Reactions: IDAFC21

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, I miss the earlier days when cars could collide with each other at speed and continue on. Way too many brittle pieces on the cars, way too much aero as well. They need to simplify and clean them up, a lot. The cars are also much larger than they used to be, partially due to the massively improved safety devices, like the cockpit tub.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I donā€™t know about others, but i am getting tired of DiRestaā€™s commentary. He acts like he has the experience of a multi-time world champion and is acting like he knows Button.

Dude, you raced F1 for three years ~60 races with zero podiums, no poles, and best rank was 12th overall.

Button raced for 17 years, 306 races, and is a world champion.

GTFO

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
well that was an interesting first 2 practice sessions. How about the FIA finally making a ruling on Racing Point? 400k fine and lose 15 points in the constructors championship, but go ahead and keep using those brake ducts. Hulk looked good out there either way. Aside from his seat coming loose.

and Ferarri.... oye...

Thread Info