Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Just finished up w/ FP2. The way they're talking, it could very well be the qualifying order, depending on how much rain rolls in tonight. Could make things pretty interesting for Sunday!
I am hoping for rain, the great equalizer. Itā€™ll be such a shit show of epic proportions. Think back to Germany last year. One big ass slipā€™nā€™slide, lol.

If the race is half as entertaining as last weekend itā€™ll be a good one.

heck of a shunt DR took going into the wall. Bit of a hobble as he got out of the car. Hope he is okay and they can get the car back together.

I've heard several times from persons in the know that Penske is twisting Ferrari's collective arm to be an engine supplier in Indy Car. Seb's name have been tied to those talks.
I find that had to believe, though. With Ferrari basically firing him by not offering him a contract for next year.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I was expecting more carnage during qualifying. Everyone for the most part conducted themselves pretty well.

Glad I set the DVR to go an extra three hours, lol. Granted I could have watched the replay on the F1TV site but Iā€™ve heard itā€™s been shit.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Watching the race now, on lap 44/71. Not as interesting as last week, but still entertaining.

Ferrrai really shit the bed today. They claim no-fault, racing incident, but I think LeClerc should have been penalized. Stuck his nose where he shouldn't have and destroyed his teammates car.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Definitely didnt have the same excitement as last week but it was still pretty good. The last couple laps were definitely excited. I love watching max drive when he gets into battles. The way he regained (temporarily) that spot from Bottas was impressive. And Norris is looking [emoji91][emoji91] for McLaren

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, I forgot about that. They had to give them a little push to get them going. That was just stupid and frankly Iā€™d be embarrassed.

Youā€™ve got drivers celebrating with their crews, having physical contact and you use remote control tables to deliver the trophy?

GTFO

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Right now Im for whatever keeps racing going. They're the first major sport to resume since all this shit kicked off. I still think it's silly how every team is allowed to form their cars up on the grid all at once, and i know they're all masked up, and I know they're all tested, but hey, as long it works.........

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Oh and LeClerc finally admitting he fucked up. I did like the post show where Antony Davidson paused the replay where LeClercā€™s car was up in the air crushing Vettelā€™s and saying, ā€œthis is the photo thatā€™s going to be on display at Ferrari tomorrow morning with the powers-that-be demanding ā€˜explain thisā€™.ā€

?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Still watching FP1.
Stroll and Verstappen need to sit on a block of ice to cool off their whiny asses.

Perez really knackered that tire. They keep praising him, but if it werenā€™t for the money he brings they should can his ass. He ā€œleads the teamā€, bullshit, he canā€™t follow team orders. Look at Canada last year, holding up Ocon because of his ego. Fuck him.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Just finished up the race. So much drama even before it started! First 5 laps were bonkers as well. Lotta good mid-pack battles, as usual. Good race overall. Lots to talk about once everyone gets caught up. All I'll say is watching Hamilton race is like when I play Forza on a low difficulty.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The on track action was okay, more battles going on, and the occasional (oh look, Lewis is passing another back marker. Oh look, he just a lapped a Ferrari.) And I still don't get why leaders should get to use DRS with back markers. Make it so it can only be used when you're 1 second or less behind the car in the position ahead of you. Not just because you're behind any car.

What I don't get is all the praise for Verstappen. Everyone is pulling their hair out over what an extraordinary drive he did after his pre-race incidents. He didn't do fuck all. He crashed his car before the race, sliding off track what, three times? He was out looking for grippier areas after watching the F2 race and he slid off. No better than Grosjean crashing in pit lane.

His crew should get all the credit for fixing the car in the 20 minute window with mere seconds to spare. He still started from the same position he qualified for. It's not like he had to come from last place up to the front. He just drove as he normally would have.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
And Perez is out for this weekend's race. Meh.

Thread Info