Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, decided to go into the archive to watch Button's first win, that was a good suggestion. Quality is okay, since it is from 14 years ago. What is really disappointing is that it is the German commentary. Can't understand a fucking word they're saying. You'd think they'd at least have subtitles, nope. At least the graphics on screen are English.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Allow me to update that.. you have to click on the tiny headphone icon and you can choose your commentary. Got it to the Sky English feed. Muuuuuuuuuch better.

1584231626801.png

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Still would be nice if there was a platform app, like AppleTV, Xbox, etc. I'm using a 2016 MacBook with an m7 to push via Airplay to a AppleTV 4K (wired connection on both) and there is a bit of jumpiness to it. Though it's using less than 40% CPU overall (2 logical cores with hyper threading). Plenty of bandwidth coming into the house (600Mbps, more like 720) and gigabit wired from laptop to router to AppleTV.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The service is quite bad at times. Took 30 minutes to watch the last 10 laps. Kept halting, quality kept dropping to SD... last lap, last corner and the feed completely stops, had to reload it. Watching the finish in SD. You'd think after a year they'd have this sorted out by now.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

"Dutch, Spanish and Monaco Grands Prix postponed"

The Dutch, Spanish and Monaco Grands Prix have been postponed due to the global spread of the coronavirus. The news follows the cancellation of the season-opening Australian Grand Prix last week, and the postponement of the Chinese, Bahrain and Vietnam Grands Prix.

The Dutch Grand Prix, due to return to the calendar for the first time since 1985, was set to be held at Zandvoort on May 1-3, with the Spanish race following a week later, and the Monaco Grand Prix on May 21-24.

But with the ongoing coronavirus situation all three races have now been put on hold. A statement said: ā€œFormula 1, the FIA and the three promoters have taken these decisions in order to ensure the health and safety of the travelling staff, championship participants and fans, which remains our primary concern.ā€

All parties said they would study the viability of finding alternative dates to run the races later in the year, and the statement added that Formula 1 and the FIA expect to be able to begin the 2020 season ā€œas soon as itā€™s safe to do so after Mayā€ but will continue to monitor the situation.

• Sad
Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Got this email from F1 today. Nice that they're doing it.

As a valued F1 TV subscriber and following the changes announced to the 2020 FIA Formula One World Championship, we wanted to let you know about some changes to your F1 TV subscription.

With no live racing possible yet and as we wait for the season to start, weā€™re extending your existing F1 TV subscription by 2 months for no additional charge.

You can continue to use F1 TV as normal, and you wonā€™t be charged for this additional period.

You donā€™t need to do anything right now and we hope to see tyres racing on the tarmac soon.

The F1 team

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Since we don't have F1 to watch, here is something tangibly related (the comments are pretty good, too)

Former Formula One boss and billionaire ghoul of note Bernie Ecclestone has confirmed that his 44-year-old wife of 8 years Fabiana Flosi is with child. This will be Ecclestoneā€™s first child with his third wife. His eldest, Deborah (65), was born to his first wife Ivy Bamford before having two further daughters with his second wife Slavica Radic, Tamara (35), and Petra (31).

ā€œYes, it is due in the summer,ā€ Mr Ecclestone told Swiss newspaper Blick. ā€œHopefully heā€™ll learn to play backgammon soon!ā€

I didnā€™t really expect 2020 to be the year that we learn both Bernie Ecclestone and his on-screen look-a-like Sheev Palpatine still fuck, but here we are. ā€œAfter my Formula 1 time,ā€ Ecclestone added, ā€œweā€™ve had plenty of time to practice!ā€ There isnā€™t a single brain cell in my skull that was ready for this admission, but good for him, I suppose.

Born in 1930, when Bugatti was still a dominant force in Grand Prix racing, Ecclestone effectively seized control of F1 in 1974 by negotiating the sale of the television rights of the sport. Of course, he didnā€™t own these rights, but paid himself 23% of the sale regardless. He retained control of the sport through its $8 billion sale to Liberty Media in 2016.

The cranky gargoyle who says only the smartest things did many good things for F1, including bringing it to the global masses and raising its profile internationally, was also a chaotic force of evil at times.

I wish the lovely couple nothing but the best in their new child-having lives. Hopefully the help raises the kid well.

Iā€™m glad to know the guy who looks like a member of the Beatles before they got famous still gets his dick wet. Congratulations to Fabiana and her near-nonagenarian husband, resting-bitch-face Andy Warhol.

Thread Info