Sports 🏎️ Official Formula 1 Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I don't have a problem w/ F1. But I have been watching Formula E for the last 2-3 years, and I still can NOT tell who is in which car for which team. I mostly blame that on the fact that FE races are on tight street tracks and the camera angles you get of the cars just blazing past make it near impossible to tell what you're looking at because the cars are just whizzing past too fast. But a lot of the livery schemes of teams are also way too similar. It's still great racing tho. Until someone curbs it into a hairpin and theres a 15 car pileup that takes 40 minutes to clear out :LOL:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Took the plunge. Ordered the F1 TV Pro package for the season. Let's see if it turns out to be a turd or not. So far only iOS and Android apps. Doesn't say that AppleTV app is out yet. However I can always push from the phone to the AppleTV in the meantime.

If anyone is interested I did use a coupon code for 25% off, so it was $59.99 for the season.

Code - EARLYBIRD25

Took the plunge. Ordered the F1 TV Pro package for the season. Let's see if it turns out to be a turd or not. So far only iOS and Android apps. Doesn't say that AppleTV app is out yet. However I can always push from the phone to the AppleTV in the meantime.

If anyone is interested I did use a coupon code for 25% off, so it was $59.99 for the season.

Code - EARLYBIRD25
Isn't this available thru Roku, too?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So far via the browser it was okay. But that was a replay of the test sessions. Will see what happens come Melbourne. Believe it or not the live-streaming of the races isn't really what drove me to make the purchase. It was the support races that you can watch and also the archived races back to 1981. That's what I want to see.

I just checked and no AppleTV app... so will use my MacBook and push to the TV. Good enough for me, for now. Both will be on a wired gigabit connection, so any latency will be the ISP and their servers.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
So far via the browser it was okay. But that was a replay of the test sessions. Will see what happens come Melbourne. Believe it or not the live-streaming of the races isn't really what drove me to make the purchase. It was the support races that you can watch and also the archived races back to 1981. That's what I want to see.

I just checked and no AppleTV app... so will use my MacBook and push to the TV. Good enough for me, for now. Both will be on a wired gigabit connection, so any latency will be the ISP and their servers.

Be sure to post up once we hit the first race. If it’s solid and the replays of the old races are all there it may be worth it now.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Right now ESPN has some strong man thing about the Mountain from GOT in place of where FP1 is supposed to be. YAY.

EVERYTHING is being cancelled/shut down everywhere right now, this is madness. No more NBA, no more NHL, movies being delayed, No F1 (so far), even fucking Le Mans got pushed back to September now. SHUT DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!! Soon you'll be shot for even poking your head out the front door.

This is what happens when you ban straws!!!!!!! Everyone was forced to put their lips on the same cups, and now you have this. This could have all been avoided!!!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Right now ESPN has some strong man thing about the Mountain from GOT in place of where FP1 is supposed to be. YAY.

EVERYTHING is being cancelled/shut down everywhere right now, this is madness. No more NBA, no more NHL, movies being delayed, No F1 (so far), even fucking Le Mans got pushed back to September now. SHUT DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!! Soon you'll be shot for even poking your head out the front door.

This is what happens when you ban straws!!!!!!! Everyone was forced to put their lips on the same cups, and now you have this. This could have all been avoided!!!
I was just going to say this, FP1 is strong man thing and they’re using “The Game Has Changed” from the Tron: Legacy soundtrack by Daft Punk.

Thread Info