Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
It was a pretty good meltdown, especially when Vettel blamed his teammate for the accident. Lots of comments about how quickly LeClercs car got damaged. Well, when you slice into a tire doing 180mph and it quickly shreds itself causing a massive imbalance the suspension just couldnā€™t handle it, and it imploded. At least he kept control.

Feel bad for Bottas though, and his engine.

Hamilton fucked Albon with his selfishness. Dumb move, but what was dumber was Mercedes pitting Hamilton during the last safety car bringing him out further down the order.

If I were Hamiltonā€™s race engineer Bono Iā€™d have done that fake radio static gag and say weā€™re losing comms and shut him off. The whining was getting to be unbearable. Iā€™m not anti-Hamilton, but for fucks sake quit being a little bitch. Youā€™ve already won the world championship. And I doubt the five second penalty placing him fourth is going to humble him at all. But the officials should have sorted that shit out BEFORE the award ceremony. Thatā€™s just unacceptable.

Hereā€™s an idea, have Vettel and Kubica trade places. Thatā€™d be interesting to watch.

I still canā€™t believe how easily MV was able to pass the Mercs on the straights. That Honda engine was working damn well today. Donā€™t like MV though. He just has that face you want to punch.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
It was a great race to watch. I feel bad for Albon, but hamilton did end up receiving a penalty. Haven't seen a podium shook up like this in a long time. It would have been really cool if Honda engines took all the podium spots.

1574052922138.png

Reactions: IDAFC21

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So what did to think of this morningā€™s qualifying?

Gonna be an interesting race tomorrow. Would be great to watch Bottas cut through the field and get on podium. Would be even better if they can get him to a win. I think the back markers are gonna screw him though, possibly with contact during the first few laps if the wind kicks up again and places more sand on the racing surface. Or maybe if Grosjean feels like some retaliation.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
It's hard to think it's been 9 races since Hamiltons been on pole. And Ferrari cant even get out of their own way this weekend. Mad Max is our only hope of giving Hamilton a hard time tomorrow. Props to McLaren for getting both cars in the top 10, and props to Norris for winning the quali battle w/ Sainz. They'll probably have a nice battle w/ the Renault's in the midfield tomorrow. Might be the only excitement we get :LOL:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
It's hard to think it's been 9 races since Hamiltons been on pole. And Ferrari cant even get out of their own way this weekend. Mad Max is our only hope of giving Hamilton a hard time tomorrow. Props to McLaren for getting both cars in the top 10, and props to Norris for winning the quali battle w/ Sainz. They'll probably have a nice battle w/ the Renault's in the midfield tomorrow. Might be the only excitement we get :LOL:
Unless Max decides to channel Kvyat and torpedoes Hamilton in turn 1. Then itā€™ll be a free for all cause you know Ferrari is going to step on their own dick again.

Reactions: IDAFC21

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Also, since so little is changing for 2020 Iā€™m more curious to see what theyā€™re going to do for 2021. That post FP2(?) interview with Alonso.... you know he wants back in an F1 car. You can tell heā€™s impressed with the papayas this year, maybe a little jealous.

Him and Button should team up again. Maybe use Kimi as an alternate and they rotate races. That way they can all be elder statesmen and keep at the top of total # of races.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Interesting for sure. I almost kinda wish DRS had been disabled the whole race :LOL: Also thought Ferrari shot themselves in the food before the race even began w/ that fuel business w/ Leclerc. Looks like they just got away with a fine tho. Lucky them. Well thats it then. Last race of the decade. Hell, the next Formula E race isnt even until mid January. At least theres hockey.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Interesting for sure. I almost kinda wish DRS had been disabled the whole race :LOL: Also thought Ferrari shot themselves in the food before the race even began w/ that fuel business w/ Leclerc. Looks like they just got away with a fine tho. Lucky them. Well thats it then. Last race of the decade. Hell, the next Formula E race isnt even until mid January. At least theres hockey.
I think no DRS for the whole race should have been the decision since it had already affected about a third of the race. However, had it been working the whole time I think Bottas would have made podium.

I donā€™t get the Leclrec fuel thing. It was mentioned enough times, never really in great detail. It should have been investigated before the lights went green so as not to potentially affect the outcome.

I do find it funny that Kubica was out-qualified by Russell every race, pretty much lapped slower than Russell every race, but was the only driver on the team to score a point, and Russell is staying. ā€˜ā€˜Tis a future for the younger generation I guess. Which was mentioned an awful lot during post race, almost to the point it was getting annoying. There will always be a solid 15-20 year age gap, and has been for a long time. Nothing new to see here.

Only like 120 days until the next race. Not a big deal. Gives me time to try and find a source to watch the last year or two of WSBK and MotoGP seeing as how so many providers dropped BEin sports.

Would be nice to see some former F1 races too, like from the 60ā€™s - 2000ā€™s. Not sure if the F1 media package has old the races available.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I still canā€™t believe he came back to drive in F1 after that rally accident. His right arm and hand were mangled.
Theyā€™re still a mess. If you noticed he canā€™t fully straighten his right arm.

Surprised he came on as a backup driver. Should have netted Hulk, granted the backing of a major oil company helps.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Yeah you can really tell how little use he has of it when you watch onboard shots. I commend him for trying to come back, but, the grip these cars have now you have to be in 100% top physical shape to even attempt to get the most out of them. Backup/test role seems much better suited for him

Thread Info