Sports 🏎️ Official Formula 1 Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Even tho everyone knew it for the last couple months, its finally official. Vettel signing on to ferrari for 3 years to partner kimi, and alonso is OUT. No announcement on where he'll end up yet...

Final race of the year this weekend!! I just hope both of those mercedes hold together so its a fair fight to the end. Could be quite the race.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Yeah...im reserving my judgement on the double points until i see how it all goes down. honestly for rosberg and hamilton it shouldnt matter unless one of them has a REALLY bad race. But for some of the guys lower down in the points, this race could be huge for them, and their teams

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Round 1 done. Was certainly an interesting weekend. With only FOUR powerplants available to the teams this season, Ricciardo had to change engines after FP1, and Magnussen blew up on the way to the GRID. I do like ferrari's pace so far, and I have to say it is the best looking car out there this year, for once, in a while. Williams pace continues to impress, and god damn, Sauber could be quite the contender this year as well for best of the rest. The torro rosso rookies also had some impressive drives as well. Mercedes is still in a league of their own however. And Mclaren-Honda.....have a lotta work to do. But i think that Buttons car even FINISHED the race was a huge victory for them this weekend. :rofl:

51wheelies

Feb 18, 2015
love how red bull is crying now cause they arent dominating anymore. and now they are saying we will leave the sport if rules arent changed. Basically what i get from it is this, change the rules so we can win again or we are taking our ball and leaving the playground crying.
They seem to forget they dominated for 4 years and vettel set record after record at RBR.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Honestly the early 90s were the pinnacle of F1 technology. Cars today are just starting to get into the insane amount of suspension and computer advancement that they had back then. But people were going too fast and crashing horribly- something had to be done. Everything they do now is to slow the cars down while still keeping it exciting. They want the cars to still be on the edge, just not at such great speeds

51wheelies

Feb 18, 2015
went to the first race at indy when F1 came back to the states, i still get goosebumps at the sound those cars made.

as for the safety aspect of things its sad it took the events of Imola in 94 to shake F1 to its core for safety.

on a off topic questions have any of you seen the movie Senna? a must if you havent.

Thread Info