Sports 🏎️ Official Formula 1 Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, while looking at the schedule for this weekend's racing I saw a feature to "Sync Calendar". Just for shits and giggles I gave it a try, using a junk email box. I am impressed! All the practices, qualifying, and races are now in my calendar app. For the event notes it does through in a bunch of F1 links that I could care less about. But now I don't have to think about when the next event is coming up. I just need to figure out how to set up alerts, like an hour or 30 minutes before they start. It's also automatically set to my local time.

Edit - got the alerts set up

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 23.14.17.png

There are icons for each entry to indicate practice (car), qualifying (stopwatch), and the race (checkered flag).

1679199781564.png

1679199690125.png

1679199624179.png

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Well that was really entertaining. The app worked great, cool camera positions and it doesn’t take all day to watch. So much better than watching cars race for 500 miles or there abouts. I feel a bit bad for Fernando. Kind of a BS call I think. You’d think a FIA would have said something while the race was taking place. Not after the podium. That is fucking stupid.

Being the first time for me. I really like it. I’m a fan.

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
And there they go, 2 by 2........

Tho I have to say I was cracking up every time Alonso would get on the radio and say how delightful his tires were. Meanwhile, on Lewis's radio...... :ROFLMAO:

But got thats a tough break for Alonso. Really sucks. That rear jack man better barricade his door tonight. So thats race 1 he almost gets taken out by his teammate, and race 2 gets screwed by one of his pit crew. The Alonso luck is real.

And Max asking about the fastest lap

"We're not concerned with that"

"Yeah but I am" :ROFLMAO: Perez was not happy with that. But good for Perez, I got really worried once Max got up into 2nd. I think Red Bull just did NOT want to have to deal with Max catching Perez

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
And there they go, 2 by 2........

Tho I have to say I was cracking up every time Alonso would get on the radio and say how delightful his tires were. Meanwhile, on Lewis's radio...... :ROFLMAO:

But got thats a tough break for Alonso. Really sucks. That rear jack man better barricade his door tonight. So thats race 1 he almost gets taken out by his teammate, and race 2 gets screwed by one of his pit crew. The Alonso luck is real.

And Max asking about the fastest lap

"We're not concerned with that"

"Yeah but I am" :ROFLMAO: Perez was not happy with that. But good for Perez, I got really worried once Max got up into 2nd. I think Red Bull just did NOT want to have to deal with Max catching Perez
Did they really tell Perez to slow down a little, or was that a misunderstanding between him and the engineer ?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
pointless safety car. F1 is dumb

That's exactly what Coulthard was saying. VSC would have been fine.

Don't know if they brought it up on your feed, but on the Sky feed they did say that the FIA CLAIMED they tossed the SC out because the track data showed that Stroll was stopped on track. I mean, its not like they can just look at the several hundred tv monitors they have in the control room to get a visual verification first or anything!

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Holy shit WTF :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"In support of the Petition for Review, the Stewards were shown minutes of the latest SAC meeting and video evidence of 7 different instances where cars were touched by the jack while serving a similar penalty to the one imposed on Car 14 without being penalized.

Whoever pulled that out of their ass at Aston needs a raise. That's amaazing :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: blue-sun

Thread Info