Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I might actually watch FP2 again. It was pretty good.

Since Iā€™ve given it some time, Stroll was quick to try to get others to run into the back of him. Hulkenberg wasted no time getting up to speed. Alonso CRUSHED it, letā€™s see if there is longevity to it.

Glad to see a U.S. driver on the grid, Sargeant has a nice helmet design. The cars look good under the lights.

Also, Stroll was driving with injured wrists, and though he was able to set some fast laps I donā€™t see him being able to do that for the whole race. He was taking his hands off the wheel and using unconventional methods to turn it. He really should relinquish the car to Drugovich, and think of the team. But I donā€™t see him doing that.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Anyone else watch the ESPN/Sky feed? There is NO external audio so far (im about 20 minutes into FP1) Just the announcers talking, and silence from all the cars on screen and you cant hear any radio transmissions either. WTF this is annoying. How can they get this so wrong?
Didnā€™t even bother. I used the F1 feed. Though I did flip over to the Sky feed for a few minutes towards the end. Was Crofty and Antony. Canā€™t recall if it was for FP1 or FP2. Anything more than a few hours ago is but a foggy memory. ?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
just checked the sky feed on F1TV and it looks like external audio is up there. so ESPN is just a bunch of fuck ups apparently. I'll try and see if I can tough it out for FP1, and see if they fix it by FP2, but if not, F1TV to the rescue!

Only time I hear cars right now is when they go to Ted in the pitlane and it gets picked up by his mic

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
just checked the sky feed on F1TV and it looks like external audio is up there. so ESPN is just a bunch of fuck ups apparently. I'll try and see if I can tough it out for FP1, and see if they fix it by FP2, but if not, F1TV to the rescue!

Only time I hear cars right now is when they go to Ted in the pitlane and it gets picked up by his mic
My DVR recorded both sessions from it being set last year. I deleted them. The F1TV app is just so much better. Especially being able to change views.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
eh, I've never had any problems w/ the espn coverage (as long as it works :ROFLMAO: )

F1TV does have its uses for me tho. Like if there's any sessions going on while I'm at work, assuming I actually get lucky enough to be able to sit at my desk and have it on, which the way shit is going at work these days is less and less of a luxury I can indulge in.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Miley Cyrus Nod GIF by The Voice

Told ya

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Also, Stroll was driving with injured wrists, and though he was able to set some fast laps I donā€™t see him being able to do that for the whole race. He was taking his hands off the wheel and using unconventional methods to turn it. He really should relinquish the car to Drugovich, and think of the team. But I donā€™t see him doing that.

If his daddy wasn't a team owner he would be NOWHERE in this sport. But even having said that, Lawrence is the epitome of a BUSINESS man. This is not a hobby for him. And I know Lance is his son, but it baffles me that he thinks keeping Lance in a car is a good business move for the Aston Martin team.

If this cars performance is not a fluke it will be interesting to see how things play out. Hell, with a good car under him, MAYBE Lance will actually show something for once......when he's not being a rolling road block......... But he will most certainly be judged against Alonso.......and when Alonso has a GOOD car under him...........LOOK OUT. That is already quite apparent. I do not envy Lances position, especially w/ his wrist the way it is now. Maybe he should phone up Kubica and ask him how he drove w/ half a hand. I was always amazed watching onboards of him the way he had to handle the steering wheel.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
dude cant even get out of his car w/out help. I don't know if thats just fatigue from this pretty much being the first time he's been in the car this season, but it still looks like he doesnt wanna put any pressure on his wrists. From a pure safety standpoint I'd be a bit concerned by that. If you can't exit the car on your own quickly enough, the FIA should be looking at that. I wouldn't be surprised if Drugovich takes the seat tomorrow, or at some point this weekend.

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
dude cant even get out of his car w/out help. I don't know if thats just fatigue from this pretty much being the first time he's been in the car this season, but it still looks like he doesnt wanna put any pressure on his wrists. From a pure safety standpoint I'd be a bit concerned by that. If you can't exit the car on your own quickly enough, the FIA should be looking at that. I wouldn't be surprised if Drugovich takes the seat tomorrow, or at some point this weekend.

I bet if the car were on fire heā€™d be a lot more motivated to get out quickly without help though ?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
God I almost feel like putting some money on Alonso this weekend.......... Ferrari are sure to screw up their strategy somehow.... might have to see what the payout is for Alonso getting on the podium.

And god, Sargent was SO close to getting out of P1 :ROFLMAO: like literally couldn't have been any closer

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
God I almost feel like putting some money on Alonso this weekend.......... Ferrari are sure to screw up their strategy somehow.... might have to see what the payout is for Alonso getting on the podium.

And god, Sargent was SO close to getting out of P1 :ROFLMAO: like literally couldn't have been any closer
If only he had done it first. I'm not sure on Ferrari screwing up strategy, they did some house cleaning. But I wouldn't put it past them to make a mistake.

Reactions: IDAFC21

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Am I going loony or did I just turn it on at lap 40 and theyā€™re basically all in the same order as they started
Pretty close, only a few changes, mostly from mistakes, like Ocon. There is some decent action, but not as much as I was hoping. Alonso is pretty damned determined. I am disappointed to see the Haas cars so far down. They did well up until the first few laps.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Pretty close, only a few changes, mostly from mistakes, like Ocon. There is some decent action, but not as much as I was hoping. Alonso is pretty damned determined. I am disappointed to see the Haas cars so far down. They did well up until the first few laps.
Heated up starting in lap 41 at least. Alonso is a beast

Thread Info