Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Yesssssss. Lets get this shit goin!!! At least formula E started back up last weekend. New Gen 3 cars. New teams. New drivers. New Tracks. New rules. New everything. Hopefully gonna be a fun season. I'm still not sure if I like the design of the gen 3 cars yet or not. They do look a lot sleeker. But. They also do look like a big wedge of cheese.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I recently started watching F1 drive to survive. Itā€™s pretty awesome. I have not payed attention to motor sports since the late 80ā€™s or early early 90ā€™s. This show has kind of reignited that flame.
Check out the movie Senna. Excellent documentary.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Looks like I'm going strictly F1TV audio feed for the foreseeable future. For as much as I like Button, I just can't stand Rosberg. If there are sessions or races where Rosberg is not present, then I might use Sky audio. And though she is a nice person, Danica is not a good F1 broadcaster, like, at all.

Jenson Button​

The Formula 1 race winner and 2009 World Champion first appeared on Sky F1ā€™s coverage of the 2018 British Grand Prix, with his wry humour and relevant and recent insight proving popular with viewers.
Button became part of the team in 2019, with the 15-time Grand Prix winner serving as a contributor once more in 2023.

Nico Rosberg​

2016 F1 World Champion Nico Rosberg has proven a very popular broadcaster and interviewer on Sky F1, due to his willingness to ask awkward questions and point out uncomfortable truths. The Germanā€™s participation in paddock activities took a noticeable hit last year, due to Rosbergā€™s decision not to be vaccinated against COVID-19 ā€“ a strict requirement set out by F1 and the FIA in order to enter the paddock.
With the vaccine mandate lifting for 2023, Rosberg is set to be able to rejoin Skyā€™s coverage by leaving the confines of his spare room/broadcasting studio at home and attending select races on the ground once more.

David Croft​

Former BBC F1 radio commentator David Croft was appointed as Sky F1ā€™s lead commentator when the broadcaster took over the UK rights ahead of the 2012 season.
Since then, Croft has become the modern-day voice of F1, with his infectious enthusiasm, ability to excite, and occasional willingness to be divisive in his opinions, winning the hearts of fans globally.

Martin Brundle​

Having learned from the late, great Murray Walker following his own F1 career, Brundle has carved out an enviable position since 1997 ā€“ that of one of the most beloved commentators around the world.
Brundle and Croft form a commentary team of tremendous warmth, knowledge, and humour. In recent years, Brundle has chosen to step aside from more races annually following a health scare, but expect him to be right at the coalface for most of the 2023 season.

Naomi Schiff​

Schiff is a Rwandan-Belgian professional racing and stunt driver, appearing in the W Series before being appointed as their Diversity and Inclusion Ambassador.
Presenting the Mercedes F1 team launch alongside Natalie Pinkham in 2022, Schiff was brought onboard as a regular contributor to Sky F1ā€™s coverage where she quickly carved out a name for being a professional and insightful broadcaster as well as an adept interviewer.

Anthony Davidson​

Former Super Aguri F1 race driver Anthony Davidson participated in BBC Radio 5ā€™s coverage of Formula 1, working closely with David Croft, following his days racing in the sport.
While Davidson carved out a hugely successful career as a sportscar driver in the WEC, he was also added to Skyā€™s line-up for the 2012 season and has become associated most with the ā€˜Sky Padā€™ ā€“ the channelā€™s famous paddock screen that allows him to quiz drivers on incidents while having access to tools such as zoom or slow motion, just to add to the driverā€™s discomfort!

Simon Lazenby​

Seasoned broadcaster Simon Lazenby has been Sky F1ā€™s lead anchor presenter since taking over the UK rights more than a decade ago.

While Lazenby got off to a shaky start with the UK audience, due to his predecessor on BBC being the immensely popular Jake Humphrey, Lazenby has since assumed a position of quiet authority due to his personable and friendly attitude when talking to F1ā€™s most prominent drivers and team bosses.

Damon Hill​

1996 F1 World Champion Damon Hill was brought in by Sky F1 as an expert analyst during the 2012 season, a no-brainer decision given Hillā€™s prominence in British motorsportā€™s history books.
Over the past decade, Hill has become ever more popular with a whole new generation of fans, including those too young to have ever seen his famous championship win with Williams.
Hill is well-known for being able to offer insight from his own days as a racing driver or comparing how modern-day drivers face entirely different challenges to what existed during his own career.

Karun Chandhok​

Former HRT racing driver Karun Chandhok first appeared on Sky back in 2012, adding to their broadcasting in a supplementary role over the following three seasons.
After that, Chandhok took up a position with Channel 4 to become their main pit-lane reporter between 2016 and 2018. But, with Channel 4ā€™s free-to-air offering fading away for 2019, Chandhok was brought back into the fold on the Sky team.

Like Davidson, Chandhok is known for his Sky Pad segments as he puts drivers on the spot, while also offering balanced, knowledgeable opinion when called upon.

Natalie Pinkham​

Pinkham enjoyed an industrious pre-F1 career as a broadcaster, presenting and hosting a myriad of different shows ā€“ one of her main roles being that of the face of The Poker Channel.
Following successful coverage of the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2009 alongside Steve Rider, Pinkham became BBC Radio 5ā€™s pitlane reporter for the 2011 season ā€“ a role she dovetailed alongside her day-to-day broadcasting and journalistic roles.

Pinkham has progressively stepped up with Sky F1ā€™s coverage and has gradually become a more and more integral part of the team. Forging close connections with many of the drivers, Pinkham is well-known for her down-to-earth approach to chatting with F1 personnel.

In 2021, Pinkham became the first female lead commentator for a Formula 1 session in the UK as she took over the lead for the first practice session at the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Rachel Brookes​

Former radio presenter Rachel Brookes is a professional journalist and broadcaster who appears on Sky F1 through her role working with Sky Sports News.
She is well-known for her contributions as a pitlane reporter, and has occasionally filled in for Simon Lazenby as the channelā€™s lead anchor.

Ted Kravitz​

Long-time broadcaster Ted Kravitz has been around since the days of ITVā€™s early coverage of the sport, starting off as a producer before becoming the channelā€™s pit-lane reporter after James Allenā€™s promotion to commentary.

He worked in his pit-lane role up until 2011, even through the changeover to BBC from ITV, before taking up a position with Sky for the 2012 season.

Due to his whimsical presenting style and ability to explain complicated concepts in easy-to-digest snippets, Kravitz has become most known for his ā€˜Tedā€™s Notebookā€™ segment on Grand Prix weekends, as he reflects and analyses each teamā€™s performances on track, while he is also the long-term presenter of the F1 Show during the week.

Danica Patrick​

American racing legend Danica Patrick joined the Sky line-up as a pundit for the 2021 United States Grand Prix, immediately proving popular as her laconic style contrasted with the regular broadcasting team.

Appearing on the coverage of races in Canada, the United States and Mexico in 2022, Patrick is set to reprise her role for 2023.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
oh GODAMNIT.

If Nico's gonna be on the team then he better be AT the races. Nothing infuriates me more than when they microsoft teams him into the coverage to talk about a race hes not even fucking at. I just mute the tv at that point.
They said he would, because for 2023 they lifted the vax mandate. Doesn't matter, he's still shitty.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Rosberg's voice is annoying AF but I did like when he called out ferrari's terrible strategy decisions, and he spoke the truth about LH after Toto was super apologetic for no reason after one of the earlier races. In that race where sainz spent half a lap battling perez then ferrari told him to pit like 2 seconds after the overtake, Rosberg really made the pitwall guys sound like idiots and he was right. Something about "these guys are responsible for making all the decisions but they're not even looking at the race, they're just staring at software or something"

I guess as long as he's not tooting his own horn, or purposely taking shots at LH all the time, i will only be mildly annoyed by his soft beta voice. Not the end of the world.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

1675216224843.png

1675216313068.png

1675216328171.png

1675216337216.png

1675216259072.png

Thread Info