Sports 🏎️ Official Formula 1 Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Hmm, Honda is registering as an engine manufacturer for 2026 and beyond. Red Bull has already set up its own engine production, from Honda. So wonder which team Honda is looking to partner with?

• Wow
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
  • Haha
Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Hmm, Honda is registering as an engine manufacturer for 2026 and beyond. Red Bull has already set up its own engine production, from Honda. So wonder which team Honda is looking to partner with?

I'm sure they'll stick with red bull, prob just buy back the IP that RB bought and hire back any employees that RB took over. They can't walk away from the success that RB is currently seeing with honda engines. The 2026 engines being cheaper to produce surely helped as well.

If RB was a midfield team, i bet honda would have been gone not long after announcing it their departure in 2021 (or was it 2020? idk).

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Did not see this coming.

I'm not surprised, dude made promises and didn't deliver. I could have seen giving him one more year with the new cars but if he was due for a contract renewal, that could be tough to negotiate.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I'm sure they'll stick with red bull, prob just buy back the IP that RB bought and hire back any employees that RB took over. They can't walk away from the success that RB is currently seeing with honda engines. The 2026 engines being cheaper to produce surely helped as well.

If RB was a midfield team, i bet honda would have been gone not long after announcing it their departure in 2021 (or was it 2020? idk).
Well, I can't see them partnering up with McLaren, even if it was McLaren being the dicks during the past partnership.

Ferrari, well, Ferrari
Haas - Ferrari
Alfa will be getting Porsche
Mercedes has their factory team, plus Aston and Williams. Aston won't go their own way and likes the Merc engines. Williams has been a long-time partner with Merc as well. I strongly suspect that the Bottas-to-Mercedes trade included giving up Paddy Lowe to Williams (who has since left to do his own synthetic fuel business).
Alpha Tauri uses the Honda engine as well. Can't see Honda doing just a support team.

What would be good, is if the FIA and "elite" teams would get their heads out of each others asses and let Andretti Motorsport in as a team. Then let Andretti run Honda engines cause they're already partnered up in Indy car. Seems like a no brainer.

Edit - Alpine has Renault, and will likely be sticking with them long term.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Well, I can't see them partnering up with McLaren, even if it was McLaren being the dicks during the past partnership.

Ferrari, well, Ferrari
Haas - Ferrari
Alfa will be getting Porsche
Mercedes has their factory team, plus Aston and Williams. Aston won't go their own way and likes the Merc engines. Williams has been a long-time partner with Merc as well. I strongly suspect that the Bottas-to-Mercedes trade included giving up Paddy Lowe to Williams (who has since left to do his own synthetic fuel business).
Alpha Tauri uses the Honda engine as well. Can't see Honda doing just a support team.

What would be good, is if the FIA and "elite" teams would get their heads out of each others asses and let Andretti Motorsport in as a team. Then let Andretti run Honda engines cause they're already partnered up in Indy car. Seems like a no brainer.

Edit - Alpine has Renault, and will likely be sticking with them long term.
Private teams ftl. Keep andretti in indycar

The pinnacle of motorsport should have a lot of factory support. I'd like to see other private teams get bought out by manufacturers

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Lotta moves happening

12B39915-99C0-43B6-9033-ADF1B1E4158B.png

5B7100F4-D269-4325-944C-05676DCB9B90.png

8A04E7D9-EF4D-4F23-83DC-353B1524BA9C.jpeg

470244B7-CC16-4BAD-AAF2-8E7A771CDB28.jpeg

Thread Info