Sports 🏎️ Official Formula 1 Thread

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
thanks for the reminder. I dont know if i would have remembered, being im so old and all well
I WAS enjoying the race. DVR stoped recording right at safety car during lap 38 when things were about to get interesting. I have YouTubeTV so it’s really weird since everything is cloud based.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
I wonder if that is because of the hour delay?

I had the F1 pre-race show on the phone while laying in bed, then switched the race and heard about the delay. When they finally got the cars on track I shuffled my ass to the sofa.
I actually have it. It was a weird pc thing. I rebooted and it was there. YouTube tv has always been really good about picking things up. No need to record extra time or anything. It’s always just there.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I WAS enjoying the race. DVR stoped recording right at safety car during lap 38 when things were about to get interesting. I have YouTubeTV so it’s really weird since everything is cloud based.
mine cut off as well. When I turned the DVR on around 9:40ish and saw the rain, I hurried up and hit record on the following show. DVR ended lap 38 and the 2nd show picked up as the last lap was finishing. I don't have YT TV, so I missed a few laps there. oh well.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
So as I went to bed last night, I was flipping thru the channels when I noticed.................oh hey! Look! ESPN is back.

Man, Dish caved QUICK on this one. One fucking weekend. But at least its back, as well as all the FX channels, which had disappeared as part of this squabble also. But I wasn't too upset about FX since I can get those with my poverty hulu subscription, and I usually watch FX shows on hulu anyways.

So that was a fun $115 weekend to watch one F1 race :ROFLMAO: $80 for the F1TV pro sub, plus $35 for the fire stick 4k max.

I'm not upset tho. Moving forward I'll likely be watching races thru F1 tv anyways. The stream quality is just that little bit better, and I love that I can have the race on my tv, and then have the live track map on my computer, or switch to other drivers cams. Like when Russell pitted for slicks in this race I immediately threw his driver cam up on my computer so I could see how he was getting on w/ the slicks while I continued to watch the race on my tv.

Only thing I'll probably still use ESPN for is the pre-race and post race stuff, because it doesnt appear you can watch the Sky feeds for those thru F1 tv. Not that I was upset about watching Will Buxton and Jolyon Palmer in the pre race. It's been so long since Ive watched a Buxton grid walk. He seems to have mellowed out a bit :ROFLMAO: Coulda just been the atmosphere at Singapore was kinda blah to begin with tho.

s'all good, man. I'll never complain about having more options to watch F1.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So as I went to bed last night, I was flipping thru the channels when I noticed.................oh hey! Look! ESPN is back.

Man, Dish caved QUICK on this one. One fucking weekend. But at least its back, as well as all the FX channels, which had disappeared as part of this squabble also. But I wasn't too upset about FX since I can get those with my poverty hulu subscription, and I usually watch FX shows on hulu anyways.

So that was a fun $115 weekend to watch one F1 race :ROFLMAO: $80 for the F1TV pro sub, plus $35 for the fire stick 4k max.

I'm not upset tho. Moving forward I'll likely be watching races thru F1 tv anyways. The stream quality is just that little bit better, and I love that I can have the race on my tv, and then have the live track map on my computer, or switch to other drivers cams. Like when Russell pitted for slicks in this race I immediately threw his driver cam up on my computer so I could see how he was getting on w/ the slicks while I continued to watch the race on my tv.

Only thing I'll probably still use ESPN for is the pre-race and post race stuff, because it doesnt appear you can watch the Sky feeds for those thru F1 tv. Not that I was upset about watching Will Buxton and Jolyon Palmer in the pre race. It's been so long since Ive watched a Buxton grid walk. He seems to have mellowed out a bit :ROFLMAO: Coulda just been the atmosphere at Singapore was kinda blah to begin with tho.

Don't forget, in the F1TV Pro you do have a bunch of pre- and post- race shows, plus recaps, etc. I've watched them a few times. I believe Buxton does host a few of them.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Don't forget, in the F1TV Pro you do have a bunch of pre- and post- race shows, plus recaps, etc. I've watched them a few times. I believe Buxton does host a few of them.

Indeed. I've also noticed the documentaries section. Haven't done too much digging in there yet. Is there anything in that worth exploring?

And also the archive of old races. There seems to be a lotta value to this service

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Indeed. I've also noticed the documentaries section. Haven't done too much digging in there yet. Is there anything in that worth exploring?

And also the archive of old races. There seems to be a lotta value to this service
Yes, I would dig like you have a plastic toy shovel, you're at the beach, the tide is coming in, and your fudgesicle is melting.

Okay, might be a bit strong on that analogy, but yeah, there's lot to watch. When you get prior to the 1990's the races are less "full races" and more "recaps". At the beginning they had a few from the 1960's and 70's but they seemed to have taken them down. I think around 2005 or 2006 is when they switched to HD (from 480i).

Reactions: IDAFC21

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Found this:

"According to Dish, Disney had asked for a $1 billion increase in fees as part of renewing the deal, which had expired Sept. 30. Dish also claimed that Disney was demanding that ESPN and ESPN2 be included in Dish TV packages that currently exclude sports channels, and to require ABC local channels to be carried for all subscribers in eight markets."

Edit, and the channels that were affected:
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews (ESPN ooze?), ESPN Deportes, Disney Channel, Disney Jr, Disney XD, Freeform, FX, FXX, FXM, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Mundo, ACC Network, SEC Network, Longhorn Network, Baby TV, and the ABC affiliates in Chicago, Fresno, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Raleigh, and San Francisco

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Just got this book. I wanna say I ordered it like 6 months ago ?. Either way it’s supposed to just be insane how that duck dynasty dude tricked everybody into thinking he had enough money to sponsor a F1 team. Can’t wait to read it

337E0ED5-8231-4F9F-AAB8-7623C07095A8.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Just got this book. I wanna say I ordered it like 6 months ago ?. Either way it’s supposed to just be insane how that duck dynasty dude tricked everybody into thinking he had enough money to sponsor a F1 team. Can’t wait to read it

View attachment 134445
I remember seeing this mentioned a few times on Jalopnik.

I thought it was some English dude running a con, not the ducker.

Let me know how it is.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Aside from rain during FP1 and FP2 it looks to be a dry race. Rain is predicted Sunday afternoon, but it's mid-afternoon. It could make it a wet race, it could be dry. Race starts at 2pm local time (I have the marker at 3pm).

Suzuka does offer some passing opportunities. There's also some fast flowing curves where if you fuck up, it's gonna cost you.

1665071517325.png

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Aside from rain during FP1 and FP2 it looks to be a dry race. Rain is predicted Sunday afternoon, but it's mid-afternoon. It could make it a wet race, it could be dry. Race starts at 2pm local time (I have the marker at 3pm).

Suzuka does offer some passing opportunities. There's also some fast flowing curves where if you fuck up, it's gonna cost you.

View attachment 134510
season 4 sleep GIF

Thread Info