Sports 🏎️ Official Formula 1 Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Merc has been running low all season. It’s the only way they can make the car somewhat competitive, but it amplifies the porpoising. They know this, which is why they petitioned for the regulation change, since they didn’t want to fix it. Instead of bringing themselves up to the level of everyone else, they dragged everyone else down to their level.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Oh and who throws a flare ONTO the track?? Honestly. I really do hope they crack down on this flare shit. Its annoying as hell and I cant even imagine being stuck in the crowd with one of these assholes that pops one off right in the middle of a crowded grandstand.

The pigeons tho :ROFLMAO:
Something else to add…. They did find the person that tossed it, and tossed them out. Though I don’t think it is enough of a deterrent.

Reactions: blue-sun

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Something else to add…. They did find the person that tossed it, and tossed them out. Though I don’t think it is enough of a deterrent.

I wish I could say that if I were the race director i'd just red flag the session every time someone pops one off, no matter where they are, but then there are douchebags out there that would use that as an advantage to ruin a session for another driver. Really the best thing they can say right now is that if you use one you're gone, but that still doesnt really fix the problem. Drivers, like Max, really need to speak up and say something

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Drivers, like Max, really need to speak up and say something
Like this? :D

Verstappen, who went on to claim pole position, criticised the fans, who are largely there to support him, saying it was “not good for anyone”.

“It’s just very silly to do,” Verstappen told the media. “To hold flares already, it’s nice but there’s a limit to how much.

“But to throw it on the track is just stupid and I think also, the person that did that got removed.

“Just don’t do that. It’s not good for anyone. You get thrown out so you can’t see the race and then for us, the session gets stopped because it’s dangerous when there is stuff on the track.

“You shouldn’t do it.”

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Like this? :D

Verstappen, who went on to claim pole position, criticised the fans, who are largely there to support him, saying it was “not good for anyone”.

“It’s just very silly to do,” Verstappen told the media. “To hold flares already, it’s nice but there’s a limit to how much.

“But to throw it on the track is just stupid and I think also, the person that did that got removed.

“Just don’t do that. It’s not good for anyone. You get thrown out so you can’t see the race and then for us, the session gets stopped because it’s dangerous when there is stuff on the track.

“You shouldn’t do it.”

bravo-clap.gif

Although, really the message needs to be "Enough with the flares already" Full stop. Not just, "You shouldn't throw them on the track". But apparently it needs to be said anyways, because people are of course complete morons :LOL:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Finally just finished the race. Had to stop it earlier today around lap 55 right before everything started popping off ?

Damn what a race.

THIS is what I've been waiting for. The old guard is out! Verstappen, Russell, Leclerc, the youngins have taken over

and CHRIST almighty every time Zoom Meeting Rosberg started to speak today I just muted my tv, because I cant with him anymore. WHY

This weekend is also giving me some bad cravings to get F1 22 so I can drive Zandvort. This track does look like a ton of fun and I don't believe I've ever driven it

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, but Rosberg is sticking his nose into places it shouldn't be, and Mattia is pointing that out to him.

Rosberg's takes are bad, his commentary is bad, and he has no personality. It would seem pretty much everyone would like for him to just go away.

Wait, let Rosberg take over Mattia's position. Let's see how Ferrari does then. I'm not absolving Ferrari of their mistakes, just that being an arm-chair strategist isn't close to being on the pit wall.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I think Button would make an excellent permanent addition to the commentary box. But he's still got the desire to be involved in racing, and not try to relinquish himself to being an "influencer". So that limits his time that he can be at the races. Plus, doesn't he have an active role at Williams?

He's got a much more balanced approach to commentary, and doesn't shit his pants and scream every 10 seconds like Crofty does. That is getting really old. Brundle is starting to become a bore, Karun repeats the same phrase every other time he starts to talk... DiResta, this one is obvious.

Really I miss Bob Varsha and David Hobbs. Bob had that encyclopedic knowledge and recall, and such smooth delivery. Hobbs had all the decades of various racing experience and pedigree. They were very complimentary to each other. At least Varsha is partially back in it calling the Formula-E races.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Man you can find some interesting stuff on etsy :ROFLMAO:

You can find one for pretty much every driver and team boss. They probably all just smell the same.

The birthday cards are even more cringe :ROFLMAO:

I do think this is kinda cool tho

Reactions: blue-sun

Thread Info