Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Get rid of these narrow ass tracks. Yes, it has provenance and itā€™s been around forever, but itā€™s so boring. Either fix it or get rid of it. Or hold some special event there for testing or some shit.
Agree. I think the only way this happens though is if people stop watching it. People will never stop going there because Monaco, but if nobody watches maybe itā€™ll send a message

Iā€™d love it if theyā€™d race some old school cars at Monaco as mentioned earlier, that would be the best solution, but I donā€™t think theyā€™d do it due to the safety aspect

These cars need to be at big ass race tracks. Period. The FIA has made them too fucking big for tight street circuits so stop trying

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Agree. I think the only way this happens though is if people stop watching it. People will never stop going there because Monaco, but if nobody watches maybe itā€™ll send a message

Iā€™d love it if theyā€™d race some old school cars at Monaco as mentioned earlier, that would be the best solution, but I donā€™t think theyā€™d do it due to the safety aspect

These cars need to be at big ass race tracks. Period. The FIA has made them too fucking big for tight street circuits so stop trying
Monaco will just front more money, because tax haven

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
TIL that 2022 regulations said that the transaxle needs to break away in a crash. Came from the Grosjean crash. I thought the impact broke the frame/chassis from the pendulum type impact.

I didnā€™t know they implemented that. Thatā€™s gonna make for a lot of pricey repairs.

Pricey repairs, but alive drivers.

Christ, when I started the stream up this morning and saw it was 3 and half hours I was like ah shit :LOL:

At least I had some legos to play with while i was waiting for the damn race to start. Some very boring moments in this race but once the action got going after the red flag period it was nice, even if it was still mostly a parade. But man, the leclerc curse continues!!! And Perez! That should be some solid redemption for him after having to give way to max last race. I was almost waiting for a bottas-esque "to whom it may concern" radio message after he crossed the line :LOL: Good results for Russell and Norris also. And to Hamilton...

laugh-lmao.gif

And now my day is ruined.

I had planned to go out and wash my own car after the race today.......but now its getting kind of windy and dusty outside, so.........fuck it. I'll just sit in here and play video games for the rest of the day.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
If there wasn't a conflict of interest, I'd bring back Button. Him and Alonso on the same grid again would be spectacular. Give them both open mics for the duration of the race for a new channel of live commentary. I just want to hear something like "I'm going to pee in your seat" again.

In reality, they could sub in a reserve driver for the remainder of the season. I'd hate to see Ricciardo get let go, he has such a good personality in the sport, and isn't insufferable like other drivers. My guess, if nothing happens during the summer break then Ricciardo will get to keep his seat for the remainder of the season and then they're re-evaluate. He has six races to show improvement (until the summer break).

Azerbaijanifakistan
Canadaland
Silverstone (cookware)
Austria (Red Bull Superwiiiiiings Ring)
France (french speaking, cheese eating surrender monkeys)
Hungary (thinking about lunch now)

Reactions: IDAFC21

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I'd like to see Hulk back, but I don't think they'd be able to swing that with his ties to Aston.
Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Aston is running Mercedes's power unit, so is McLaren, so being tied to the same engine manufacturer actually would make things easier if McLaren wanted to give Hulk a shot.

That's partially how Bottas went from Williams to Mercedes even though his contract with Williams wasn't up. That, and Mercedes traded Paddy Lowe for him, which was a shame because Paddy was really good at Merc. I think with Toto there Paddy saw he wasn't going to move up, so taking a higher position at Williams was for a career move.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

Talk about a fuckup. Your BFF Rosberg said that strategy is historically not something ferrari is good at, is that a fair assessment?

I remember sainz rightfully questioning their decisions last year and basically deciding his own strategy which ended up being better than the team's

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Baku is beating the snot out of the drivers with the bumps and porpoising. Gonna be a run on ice packs to sit on once they are done with this weekend.

Also, who is the strawberry blond woman on Latifi's pit wall? (y)
I haven't been watching any of the practices, but by your review, I can't wait to watch the race Sunday!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I haven't been watching any of the practices, but by your review, I can't wait to watch the race Sunday!
Not a whole lot to report other than if you play the "honest" drinking game you'll be rightly fucked up before the end of FP1.

Drink if you hear ones of these phrases, or any variation that includes "honest".
"If I'm being honest"
"honestly"
"let me be honest"

Few people are tagging the wall at T15, but brushing it enough to move the barrier, but not do any damage. So that's fun to watch. The T-Bar cameras showing how bad heads are being bounced up/down... oh man, my neck hurts watching it.

• Haha

Thread Info