SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I'm ok with this.

Super Bowl Lol GIF by Rocket Mortgage
Fuel cell yes, safety features no. I wouldn’t vote to remove them then have someone horrifically injured because they’re not present.

Halo is ugly, but it would likely have saved Bianchi’s life, and it did save Grosjeans.

Smaller fuel cells, smaller engines, less weight. Car can be smaller without penalizing agility and speed.

And get rid of all the aero shit and DRS.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Fuel cell yes, safety features no. I wouldn’t vote to remove them then have someone horrifically injured because they’re not present.

Halo is ugly, but it would likely have saved Bianchi’s life, and it did save Grosjeans.

Smaller fuel cells, smaller engines, less weight. Car can be smaller without penalizing agility and speed.

And get rid of all the aero shit and DRS.
Better yet, just give everyone a AMG GT Black Series and let 'em rip.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Watching Qualifying now. To make things interesting, as the drivers go through the hairpin, they should make them pull into the Fairmont Hotel's circle and pick up some luggage. Then have to get it into the pool by tossing it over the barrier at speed. Put a bullseye in the pool and extra points for how close they get to the center.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Watching Qualifying now. To make things interesting, as the drivers go through the hairpin, they should make them pull into the Fairmont Hotel's circle and pick up some luggage. Then have to get it into the pool by tossing it over the barrier at speed. Put a bullseye in the pool and extra points for how close they get to the center.
I don’t know why you hate on Monaco so much. I get it, the track is tight and there are usually only two places to overtake. But the fact these guys push show hard inches from the wall always makes it exciting to me. Plus the setting is just awesome.
It seems like all the cars look more unsettled going around the swimming pool this year.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I don’t know why you hate on Monaco so much. I get it, the track is tight and there are usually only two places to overtake. But the fact these guys push show hard inches from the wall always makes it exciting to me. Plus the setting is just awesome.
It seems like all the cars look more unsettled going around the swimming pool this year.
After 20 years of it being a parade it gets old. The thrill of the crashes is decent but it’s become too much of a spectacle. At least the water and boats are real ?

However, that late Q3 incident made me realize there’s a new corner that the drivers will fear a bit more. First time I’ve seen something like that happen in that corner.

Not sure it will change the dynamic of the race, but you know it’s going to be in the drivers heads.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I’m watching FP1 now, and would be nice if they fixed the video. It’s being done by local sources instead of the usual ones.

They’re not doing a very good job. They could go away, just like the GP.
Didn’t they screw up pretty bad last year? Iirc something major was happening on the track and they just switched to show stroll doing absolutely nothing, lol

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
No passing, worse media coverage, unless you’re one of the billionaires there on a yacht there isn’t much to enjoy imo

Is LH going to retire after this year? Dude just keeps getting shown up by GR

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Also, I wouldn’t say I’m totally hating on Monaco, though I can see where what I wrote would seem like it.

I just happened to think that up because the broadcaster used a view from the front of the Fairmont, and i saw it was right at the hairpin. I was thinking, “if they just moved the barriers out of the way, the drivers could zip right through under awning like a limo driver dropping off passenger.” It then morphed into picking up luggage and then getting extra points for hitting a target with it.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Sounds like something they'd do on top gear :LOL:

Well hey at least theres like a 75% chance of rain tomorrow or something like that. That'll make things fun
That’s exactly where I got the idea, except they had passengers that used guns to shoot targets. ?

In light of recent tragedies I figured would be best to keep the guns out of the equation.

Maybe paintball instead?

Thread Info