Avondale, AZ

14c11c28-0e1d-40dc-9ca4-5411acdd0138_text.gif

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, bunch of stuff to talk about, sadly not much about the racing itself. Pretty much just another parade, which we kind of figured would happen. The most action was during the start and restart. I will say the drivers have gotten much better about not taking each other out in the first few corners.

Sky presenters, not sure what race they were watching, but fuck man, I think it might be time (or passed time) for Crofty and Brundle to hang it up. First, lap 16, after Alonso came out from his tire change, how long did they go on screaming in error thinking Stroll was Vettel? "Six world championships between them!!!!" When did Stroll get four championships? Too bad the cars don't have some kind of markings to help them with being identified like numbers, different color T-bars, etc. Or you know, the position board? ?‍♂️

Then, when Lando's (I think) pitstop went long, Crofty starts going on about the heat and wheel nuts, how they've become a problem, and how difficult they could be to get off. Hey, um, unless he was watching a different car, the problem was getting the wheel nut ON, not OFF. At that point I switched over to the F1 audio feed and forgot about the international one (Sky). Who knows, maybe Mercedes is still trying to get the one off Bottas's old car from the Monaco GP last year?

Gasly, man, want to hear what he was thinking when he rejoined the track and decided it was okay to start drifting to the left without checking his mirrors, or for his engineers to tell him stay right. Can't believe Norris spun that many times and didn't tag the wall. Or if he did, he just scraped his whiskers on it. Totally out of his control, he was just along for the ride, but it could have been so much worse with those concrete walls.

Mick taking out Vettel... I don't want to be at that "family" dinner, LOL. Though it sounded like when Vettel saw (heard?) who it was he wasn't too upset, placing part of the blame on himself.

Bottas, was really rooting for him to finish (har har har) ahead of the Mercs till he understeered and almost augered into the wall. He might have saved it, but lost two positions to the Mercs. Now, the Mercs... how chapped do y'all think Hamilton's ass must be for losing the position to Russell? Maybe focus less on your glamour (piercings) and more about the racing? His statement, "strategy really let me down today". Response from Bonno "safety car", MUWAHAHAHA. That was priceless. Lewis, maybe if you were slower, like George was, and were further back you too could have capitalized on the VSC. Don't really like either of them, but got a good laugh out of that.

...and IDAFC21 IDAFC21, celebrities... how many times do we need to see david beckham in the pits? Precisely zero, that's how many. I have zero problems with the camera operators and direction going over the crowds, but no more garage visitors, or people that paid way too much to sit on pit lane where they can't see the race. Oh, wait, I know.. I'll spend a bunch of money for my out-of-shape ass to wade around in an oversized kid's pool where I also can't see the race, lol. That whole infield crap with the fake water and stationary boats was just awful. What an embarrassment. Maybe those "captain" outfits the servers were wearing will go on fire sale in time for Halloween this year.

Oh, I know what I forgot... I can't believe that the Aston Martin (Vettel) couldn't get past the two HAAS cars even with a double draft and DRS. It was the HAAS cars, right? Shit, now I can't remember which team it was running in tandem.

To end... fuck DRS.

• Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
But how did you REALLY feel about the race? :LOL:

Brundles grid walk interviews just get more and more awkward. Cant believe he just resorted to shoving the mic into random peoples faces :LOL:
Season isn't over yet. Plenty of time for that bar to get lower.

[runs over to an iguana that fell out of a tree on to the track], "tell us who you think will finish on the podium today".

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Also, I just don't get why the announcers, and the Liberty Media felt the need to tell us who previous US race winners were. I know I mentioned it in a previous post, but they could have just as well have used ANY OTHER RACE. They're talking about races at tracks that no longer take place. What does that have to do with the Miami race?

Someone explain this to me like I am five, which is what I feel they believe is the average IQ of viewers.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I miss Buxton.
He was on the grid for this race instead of the broadcast booth. He's been doing the F1 F1TV (corrected) feed/commentary.

I like Ted Kravitz on the ground, he's extremely knowledgeable, informative, and doesn't present himself like a total twat. Give us back Bob Varsha and Hobbo back in the booth, please. Oh, and for good measure, Peter Windsor chiming in with Kravitz.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Isn't it Spain and Monaco next? Monaco going to be lame as fuck too.
Cars are a little smaller and verstappen/leclerc battles are epic so I’m hoping there will be some action- or at least some crazy strategy to make it interesting
AM is falling apart. I think Stroll is going to unload it as soon as he can. Which means there is a good chance the younger Stroll literally has to take a walk.
That’s for sure getting sold and lance will be gone. Andretti interested?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Rossi is tied to Indycar as well. There was another name Andretti as throwing around, but I can't recall it. I want to say Colton Herta, but he's in Indy as well, and on Andretti's team.

He'll need at least one seasoned driver to sort out the car, IF he's buying Aston Martin.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Rossi is tied to Indycar as well. There was another name Andretti as throwing around, but I can't recall it. I want to say Colton Herta, but he's in Indy as well, and on Andretti's team.

He'll need at least one seasoned driver to sort out the car, IF he's buying Aston Martin.
I’d swap Rossi over, regardless. He has good talent.

Thread Info