Sports 🏎️ Official Formula 1 Thread

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
This is super interesting, I wonder if McLaren will sell. So they're both going to join as separate teams rather than be a joint Audi/Porsche team? My first question was who's going to make the engines, so a partnership with RB makes sense considering they're new to the engine game.

Audi is ready to offer around 500 million euros ($556.3 million) for British luxury sports carmaker McLaren as a means to enter, a source told Reuters in March, while Porsche intends to establish a long-term partnership with racing team Red Bull starting in several years' time. read more

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
McLaren was trying to sell awhile back, wonder if they'd take it. I'd expect Audi and Porsche to run separate teams, but they should also enter VW as a fuck-it team and try all experimental parts on that shitbox.
It just seems so prohibitively expensive to go from zero teams to two teams for what is still one company (VAG). I could totally see mclaren selling, they do not sell many cars at all (like 5k a year iirc) so the marketing value can't make much sense.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I feel like Porsche would want their own car, not just jumping into a part ownership with Red Bull, unless it'd be Red Bull and AlphaTauri would turn into a Porsche car.
I'm sure RB wouldn't mind some help with the engine development as honda transfers over the infrastructure and IP. IIRC Honda is still heavily involved for another year or two even though it's all in RB's name now

Could end up being a joint Porsche/RB engine program that 3-4 teams use (RB, Alphatauri, porsche, audi if they have a team)

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I'm sure RB wouldn't mind some help with the engine development as honda transfers over the infrastructure and IP. IIRC Honda is still heavily involved for another year or two even though it's all in RB's name now

Could end up being a joint Porsche/RB engine program that 3-4 teams use (RB, Alphatauri, porsche, audi)
I'd be down with that. We need a few more cars/teams on the grid. Mercedes needs a nice mid-back field car to race against.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Pizza Yes GIF

• Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
This Miami track is fucking embarrassing. I don't see Las Vegas being any better. They need to get some road courses up to FIA-1 grade and run them. Enough of this street circuit garbage.

View attachment 118550
At least Las Vegas will be running on the fucking strip. This "Miami" race is retarded.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Traffic management would also be a headache. But I'd still go.
With the amount of setup F1 does for their races, I'm sure they'd figure shit out. But, yeah, I'd love to see a race there. There'd be some prime spots for passing. Hell, I'd love to see a MotoGP race there, the MotoAmerica races are fun as hell to go to.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Thread Info