Sports 🏎️ Official Formula 1 Thread

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Immediate danger on track, all drivers then know there is imminent danger. VSC just means that they need to take caution, but it could be off the track/racing line. And they're just reducing speed, but maintaining pace to neutralize positions.
It not like cars come to a stop on a red flag, if it wasn’t the last lap that is 100% a Red flag situation.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Zhou's bad pitstop was the car, it died while in the pits. He had to get it restarted. Bottas had issues with the wheel nuts. On the first pit stop, the front-left wheel nut fell out. It is supposed to be captive. Pit crew caught it right away. Second pit stop it got away and entered hot pit lane. Stewards not happy about that.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Some info from James Vowles on Albon's car after his little bump:

“So yesterday, the gearbox cracked in two, the engine mounts were completely bent and the engine is done, fundamentally, and the chassis on the front right-corner where the suspension goes in, is torn apart is the best way to say it,” Vowles told media in Melbourne, “I can put my finger into the chassis, which you shouldn’t be able to do just for clarity."

Vowles estimated the cost of the repair bill and therefore impact on Williams’ budget to be “circa half a million”, as focus switches to ensuring that both Williams cars will go racing in Suzuka.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
  • Haha
Reactions: MrMezger996

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

20 second time penalty, and three points on his license.
Seems pretty straightforward. I thought this was on Russell, but alonso was definitely going abnormally slow

The graphs showed two clear applications of the brake when there would normally be one, and that he was 60 kph slower through the corner than usual. The graphs showed what the stewards eventually declared: Alonso had not driven like that at Turn 6 at any other point during the preceding 57 laps, and that was justification enough to be demoted down the order.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Pretty much what I suggested when it was reported that LH was going to Ferrari. RB, or any of the major teams would be dumb to not pick him up. Really, RB and Merc would be his two best high-paying options. But we've seen what a dog the Merc is, so they'd have to throw him massive amounts of money. Would piss off Russell, since Sainz would likely be the lead driver due to experience.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
I have always been a fan of Sainz from from his days beginning at Torro Rosso till now, and the last place I want him to go is RB as I despise Horner and Max. No one is going to win there as long as Max is there, sure he will share the glory of a constructors championship but will always be in Max’s shadow. I agree and see this the most likely scenario in going to RB and with him turning 30 he wants to win and win now. I personally wouldn’t mind him going to Aston Martin but I don’t see how that works unless Alonso leaves or loses his seat. I was keeping my fingers crossed that Merc would deliver a better car this year and he would take a seat there, but not liking that either.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I have always been a fan of Sainz from from his days beginning at Torro Rosso till now, and the last place I want him to go is RB as I despise Horner and Max. No one is going to win there as long as Max is there, sure he will share the glory of a constructors championship but will always be in Max’s shadow. I agree and see this the most likely scenario in going to RB and with him turning 30 he wants to win and win now. I personally wouldn’t mind him going to Aston Martin but I don’t see how that works unless Alonso leaves or loses his seat. I was keeping my fingers crossed that Merc would deliver a better car this year and he would take a seat there, but not liking that either.
The main thing I don't like about RB is that geriatric a-hole Helmut. They need to get rid of that dude.

I could see Alonso going to mercedes for a year

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The main thing I don't like about RB is that geriatric a-hole Helmut. They need to get rid of that dude.

I could see Alonso going to mercedes for a year
Not after the Russell incident. But Merc would be dumb to not grab him.

What we need, is for Haas to come back to reality and sell to Andretti for 2025. Then Andretti grabbing Sainz. The car is shit, but he can help develop the new car, and tailor it to his style.

Reactions: MrMezger996

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
If Mercedes can get their shit together, like after the summer break, and can show they are a serious contender, then I think the silly season is going to go crazy for that open Merc seat. Williams may open up a seat too, with Sargeant (preferably Albon). But, aside from a reserve driver or F2 driver, who would want to go there, unless they are Excel experts? I agree Sainz won't want to be second fiddle in RB, but enough $$$$$$ I'll follow MV around with a pooper scooper, and I hate him.

Also, Aston Martin might open a seat even if Alonso stays there. There have been hints that Lance Stroll might finally leave. Not holding my breath, but if he doesn't perform, Drugovich has already proven to be good in that car. If Andreas Sidel has his way, Zhou and Bottas are gone. I think Zhou's contract goes longer though. He wants a clean sheet for Audi in 2026, but still needs someone with experience to help develop the new car.

Thread Info