Official Ford Maverick thread.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I'm happy to see that TCG seems to have some respect for this... Thing.

If you stop comparing it to trucks and instead think of it as a crossover that doesn't need to be vacuumed whenever you bring mulch or dirty camping supplies home, then it seems to be a pretty awesome vehicle. 40 mpgs, 5 seats, 20k, and cargo space? I really wish my fiancé would get on board with me here, but she says "I don't want a truck" :rolleyes:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
No mention of a body on frame design, separate bed, solid axles, etc. So it seems to qualify. As does a Ridgeline. Would those old Subaru Brats qualify as well?

I had no idea of the Santa Cruz. I like the exterior looks of that. If I was in the mid-size pickup market, I would definitely check that thing out. Especially with the bigger motor and 5k towing capacity. I like the full-size offerings that are out there. But some of them are just huge and overkill for what I would need.

sarcasm is tough.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Tell her TCG says it's not a truck. Then she'll be happy with her new Mavrick crossover!
I think my eye quivered a little after she said truck even though I explained everything to her. That video thumbnail is a great way to view it too. The guy is standing flat on the ground and can still see over the roof. It's as much of a truck as a Falcon Ranchero with all the same utility as a crossover.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
“Subaru marketed the Baja as a "multiple-choice vehicle," though limited advertising and controversial styling hindered sales. Only 30,000 were built during the four-year production run despite Subaru planning to sell 24,000 per year. Even so, the Baja won numerous awards, including the Consumer Reports 2006 highest score for reliability in the pickup truck category, and has since earned a cult-like status on the used market.”

Based on this, the Maverick is a truck?

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
It suffers the same problem as every cruising motorcycle that isn’t a Harley. On paper they are all great and do the job really well and in a lot of ways are better and cheaper than a harley, but they just aren’t cool so nobody likes them- or admits it anyway.

I’m telling you the ridgeline is a fantastic vehicle and takes care of 95% of most peoples truck duties. It gets decent mileage, tows pretty decent, rides like a car, is easy to park in a lot or in your garage, but since it isn’t body on frame it isn’t considered cool and it doesn’t fulfill the owners unrealistic scenario of pulling up to a construction site and dropping a load of steel beams from 6’ above the bed and driving away through a muddy mountaintop so they just say “gayyyyyy” and don’t buy them. We are all guilty of being unrealistic with vehicle purchases though so I don’t know who to blame.
The maverick seems great. It’s actually all the truck most people need but few will ever admit to wanting.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
It suffers the same problem as every cruising motorcycle that isn’t a Harley. On paper they are all great and do the job really well and in a lot of ways are better and cheaper than a harley, but they just aren’t cool so nobody likes them- or admits it anyway.

I’m telling you the ridgeline is a fantastic vehicle and takes care of 95% of most peoples truck duties. It gets decent mileage, tows pretty decent, rides like a car, is easy to park in a lot or in your garage, but since it isn’t body on frame it isn’t considered cool and it doesn’t fulfill the owners unrealistic scenario of pulling up to a construction site and dropping a load of steel beams from 6’ above the bed and driving away through a muddy mountaintop so they just say “gayyyyyy” and don’t buy them. We are all guilty of being unrealistic with vehicle purchases though so I don’t know who to blame.
The maverick seems great. It’s actually all the truck most people need but few will ever admit to wanting.
:gayy:

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

Just like the Pilot, the Ridgeline drives like a minivan.

Which it is comfortable and peppy

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

giphy.gif

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The 40 MPG part has changed all of my previous opinions. With the starting MSRP and the 40mpg hybrid drivetrain, I honestly think this may be a viable DD option for me.

I built and priced a base XL 100A in Carbonized Gray with two options. The $100 trailer hitch receiver and 4-pin wiring and the $150 110V 400w inverter. I wish you could get the sliding rear window without adding the 360 blind spot, that's not worth $600 to me.

Estimated net price $21,740 with the $250 in options and destination. Not bad.

If the hybrid can tow 2000#'s I'll be psyched.

Reactions: v6buicks
The 40 MPG part has changed all of my previous opinions. With the starting MSRP and the 40mpg hybrid drivetrain, I honestly think this may be a viable DD option for me.

I built and priced a base XL 100A in Carbonized Gray with two options. The $100 trailer hitch receiver and 4-pin wiring and the $150 110V 400w inverter. I wish you could get the sliding rear window without adding the 360 blind spot, that's not worth $600 to me.

Estimated net price $21,740 with the $250 in options and destination. Not bad.

If the hybrid can tow 2000#'s I'll be psyched.

Is this the four door model for 20k?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
So after spending about a bored hour and a half running all the different configurations and such, it really looks like the best bang for your buck is an XLT with the XLT Luxury Package. XLT gives you all the power options, cruise, power mirrors, pretty good looking alloy wheels IMO, body color accents and a nicer cloth interior. I really couldn't care less about the wheels and body accents, but at minimum I want power windows, power locks, power heated mirrors, A/C, cruise control and some sort of factory phone integration, and the fact that you can't check those basic boxes on an XL is annoying. The luxury package gives you:

-8 way power drivers seat, 6 way manual passenger
-400w inverter with plug in cab and bed
-Bed tie-down rails
-Spray in Bedliner
-Heated Mirrors
-Heated Seats
-Heated wiper park
-Keyless entry w/remote start
-Leather wrapped, heated steering wheel
-LED box lighting
-Trailer Hitch w/wiring

That package for $2,300 is a steal in my opinion.

So, I pre-ordered one. I know it doesn't mean shit, but, it's a Maverick XLT with the 2.5 Hybrid powertrain. Carbonized Gray. XLT Luxury Package with no other options checked. If the 40mpg number holds true, the hybrid gets rated to tow at least 2000#'s, I comfortably fit in it and the pricing stays where they say, I think it will be a perfect DD. I'll lose some towing capability compared to my Yukon, but I'll gain the MPG that I was looking at purchasing yet another vehicle to achieve. In the end I'll call having to potentially use my big truck a bit more in that 2001#-6000# window to allow one less vehicle owned is a wash that I'm totally fine with.

Puts the total MSRP at $26,120.

BFA8FB23-7805-439D-A6AB-D879190C0B55.jpeg

BAAAA471-D5E4-4881-B013-C1B2A18A80BF.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info