Official Ford Maverick thread.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
or twelve because dadf150 crew won't stop can't stop

dad150 crew is already locked in, but just like the Bronco Sport this is sized for the yuppies in the city who think owning a kayak makes them Bear Grylls and they'll buy 'em for the "lifestyle". Ford's already moved 50k+ Bronco Sports which given all the rolling factory shutdowns is pretty impressive in my eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: FESTER665

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
If you want the hybrid, it's only available in FWD (for now). AWD forces one into the 2.0 Ecoboost.

I feel like the hybrid in FWD would be fine for most, as that 40mpg is very appealing. But sounds like there is some decent performance potential with the 250hp (300+ tuned?) turbo motor at the obvious expense of fuel economy.

I think Ford has a hit on their hands here. This, along with the new Hyundai Santa Cruz, are great options for consumers who would want a smaller, more economical truck. Will be interesting to see which one ends up being a winner in comparison tests!

santa-cruz-vs-maverick-lead.jpg

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Ford rep: The Maverick is a truck, as part of our pickup truck product offering

TCG: That ain’t No truck. That thing is unibody, open bed Escape that fits in the back of a F150

Ford rep: I’m sorry, you are mistaken, our new Maverick pickup truck offering....

TCG: ya, ya, ya, ya, ya, Get the fuck outta here. Get the fuck out, I’m gonna fuck you out right now mother fucker.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ford rep: The Maverick is a truck, as part of our pickup truck product offering

TCG: That ain’t No truck. That thing is unibody, open bed Escape that fits in the back of a F150

Ford rep: I’m sorry, you are mistaken, our new Maverick pickup truck offering....

TCG: ya, ya, ya, ya, ya, Get the fuck outta here. Get the fuck out, I’m gonna fuck you out right now mother fucker.

1623250324510.png

• Haha
Reactions: Rent Free

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
quit calling it a truck.

noun: pickup truck
  1. 1.
    a small truck with an enclosed cab and open back.
No mention of a body on frame design, separate bed, solid axles, etc. So it seems to qualify. As does a Ridgeline. Would those old Subaru Brats qualify as well?

I had no idea of the Santa Cruz. I like the exterior looks of that. If I was in the mid-size pickup market, I would definitely check that thing out. Especially with the bigger motor and 5k towing capacity. I like the full-size offerings that are out there. But some of them are just huge and overkill for what I would need.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
or twelve because dadf150 crew won't stop can't stop

This is the part that makes me curious. They have the Ranger, F150s and these now. I really think that if these are successful they'll squeeze the Rangers out. The people that do weekend toy hauling are going to go Japanese or the Colorado because they tow more if they want a smaller truck, F150 if they get up sold or if they want to haul a case of beer in the back they'd choose this. Less costly, easier to run around a city in etc.

I also see auto parts stores buying a lot of these, they seemed to like Rangers and first gen Colorados a lot and don't strike me as needing a huge truck.

I may have considered the Ranchero moniker over the Maverick moniker though, using the name just seems goofy to me.

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info