Official Ford Maverick thread.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Impressively, every Ford Maverick comes with a payload rating of 1,500 pounds
as much or more than some midsize pickups. The prospect of a 40-mpg hybrid that can haul an ATV or 37 bags of mulch in the bed may be tantalizing to many consumers who need good fuel economy most of the time, but also want to cross stuff off the honey-do list every Saturday and go play in the woods every Sunday.

The hybrid and EcoBoost can tow 2,000 pounds, which Ford says is enough for a pair of personal watercraft or a small tent trailer, but an available max-tow package on the turbo engine pumps that number up to 4,000, good for a small speedboat or 23-foot camper. Both the towing and payload ratings seem up to the standards of most average lifestyle shoppers, who are more likely to load up a gear hauler or fishing dinghy, rather than a sailing yacht or horse trailer.

or more than some raptor trims too.... :eek3:

this fuckin thing is sweet.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1623159321912.png

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, tiny engine gets good mileage, but low power. Bigger ending drops fuel economy from 40 into the 20’s ?

Also:
Impressively, every Ford Maverick comes with a payload rating of 1,500 pounds – as much or more than some midsize pickups. The prospect of a 40-mpg hybrid that can haul an ATV or 37 bags of mulch in the bed may be tantalizing to many consumers who need good fuel economy most of the time, but also want to cross stuff off the honey-do list every Saturday and go play in the woods every Sunday.

How small is that ATV? The bed is only 54”, that’s 4 1/2 feet. My Silverado bed is 78” and my 1-up ATV barely fits. As in the tires touch the front wall and tailgate when it’s loaded in.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So, tiny engine gets good mileage, but low power. Bigger ending drops fuel economy from 40 into the 20’s ?

Also:
Impressively, every Ford Maverick comes with a payload rating of 1,500 pounds – as much or more than some midsize pickups. The prospect of a 40-mpg hybrid that can haul an ATV or 37 bags of mulch in the bed may be tantalizing to many consumers who need good fuel economy most of the time, but also want to cross stuff off the honey-do list every Saturday and go play in the woods every Sunday.

How small is that ATV? The bed is only 54”, that’s 4 1/2 feet. My Silverado bed is 78” and my 1-up ATV barely fits. As in the tires touch the front wall and tailgate when it’s loaded in.

get a small trailer if that's the hangup.

an older something would fit just fine with the rear tires on the gate.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

Also:

My bed is 67.2" and I was able to fit a sport quad in and close the tail gate. A utility quad would not fit in the Maverick.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

Also:

I assume itll be on the tailgate?

1623160532287.png

1623160551845.png

Reactions: Yaj Yak

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
?

It will be available in one body style, a four-door crew cab with a 54.4-inch cargo box.

Also earning Ford brownie points is a multi-function tailgate that can sit in a partially up position (level with the wheel arches), allowing 4x8 sheets of plywood or drywall to lie flat in the cargo box. Lowering the tailgate exposes a 6-foot bed floor, with tie-downs located on the upper rear bed corners, the front bed floor, and the tailgate itself, as well as movable tie-down cleats that slide on a track near the bed rail.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
?

It will be available in one body style, a four-door crew cab with a 54.4-inch cargo box.

Also earning Ford brownie points is a multi-function tailgate that can sit in a partially up position (level with the wheel arches), allowing 4x8 sheets of plywood or drywall to lie flat in the cargo box. Lowering the tailgate exposes a 6-foot bed floor, with tie-downs located on the upper rear bed corners, the front bed floor, and the tailgate itself, as well as movable tie-down cleats that slide on a track near the bed rail.

6 foot bed floor would fit your atv.

it'd hang off the back past that a few inches but who cares.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
6 foot bed floor would fit your atv.

it'd hang off the back past that a few inches but who cares.
It does about 75% of what I would use it for, which is pretty close. I'd have a problem hauling my cruiser though (motorcycle). Currently, its back tire sits just past the middle of my tailgate, about where the bolts are for the handle. The interior stow options are pretty neat, like under the rear seat.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It does about 75% of what I would use it for, which is pretty close. I'd have a problem hauling my cruiser though (motorcycle). Currently, its back tire sits just past the middle of my tailgate, about where the bolts are for the handle. The interior stow options are pretty neat, like under the rear seat.

how often are you really hauling your cruiser though?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, it appears the cargo box area is 4 1/2', and with the tailgate down you get 6' of floor surface.

You can get hybrid (191hp) + CVT + 2wd (fwd) for the 40 mpg. Going to the ecoboost (250hp) takes it to an 8spd and you lose the hybrid, so that's where the MPG disparity is coming from. But you can do either engine at any trim level.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info