giphy.gif

wtf are those numbers bro

Literally a Canadian site lol.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I see it from a different side. I see vehicles like the transit connect that sell to a very focused segment sell pretty dang well. I’ve seen fleets that used to exclusively run rangers switch to Toyota because it’s their only choice for a proper small truck still. I’ve seen fleets still running 15 year old rangers that typically do 8 year 200k dispersal.... I honestly feel like there’s still a market for it, the big three just don’t want to. And that’s what has my panties in a bunch.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I see it from a different side. I see vehicles like the transit connect that sell to a very focused segment sell pretty dang well. I’ve seen fleets that used to exclusively run rangers switch to Toyota because it’s their only choice for a proper small truck still. I’ve seen fleets still running 15 year old rangers that typically do 8 year 200k dispersal.... I honestly feel like there’s still a market for it, the big three just don’t want to. And that’s what has my panties in a bunch.

this is based off the transit connect though of course, i dont know if you saw that or not.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
whomp whomp

Ford Authority has learned from sources familiar with product plans that the Ford Maverick pickup will only come in four-door configuration, with no Regular Cab or SuperCab in the works. So far, only four-door/SuperCrew Maverick prototypes have been spied testing, so this really comes as no surprise, especially when we add in the fact that most modern pickup truck buyers opt for four-door cabs.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
this is based off the transit connect though of course, i dont know if you saw that or not.

I did. But it’s a people mover first, pickup second if it’s sole configuration when delivered is as pictured. That’s the root of my gripe.

I understand it, I really do, but I think it’s going to be a marginal seller to the general public with all the other pickup options, and by making it useless on the fleet sales side they’re taking away another segment. That’s why I said make a smaller cab, larger bed option as well.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg

Ive considered buying one at auction for that exact reason. The cargo van version with a 2.0 gets 25/29, so that’s close ish to the numbers I want and aside from being enclosed, checks all the boxes I want.

I just haven’t done any research to see what they have as far as issues go if they shared the focus dual clutch or whatnot.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ive considered buying one at auction for that exact reason. The cargo van version with a 2.0 gets 25/29, so that’s close ish to the numbers I want and aside from being enclosed, checks all the boxes I want.

I just haven’t done any research to see what they have as far as issues go if they shared the focus dual clutch or whatnot.

the fullsize transit's eat brakes and tires hilariously fast.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I feel like these could dominate the Ranger fleet market that Outlaw Outlaw was referring to if they could meet NHTSA and EPA standards. However, I think that's going to be a big "no".
Oh, indeed, they would need to be adapted to the US market to pass our more stringent requirements. That alone might make them cost prohibitive...

You can currently buy older ones that have been imported and reconditioned to comply with the 25 year rule for federal regulations.

Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 12.54.02 PM.png

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info