2022-ford-maverick-rendering-1610128093.jpg

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So... light truck?

How much fucking "lighter" can you go than an Escape with a bed?

i mean, kinda what it is. but plenty of people have bitched PLENTY that the new ranger/colorado are ToO BiG

seems like it's based off of the city transit from what i'm reading.

also looks like there will be a ford flex-ish one.

i mean shit, Outlaw Outlaw was posting up that mini fwd mexican el camino thing that's pretty sweet too.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
If the Bronco Sport donates its powertrain lineup to the Maverickā€”which we expectā€”we should find either a turbocharged 1.5-liter three-cylinder or a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder under the hood. The four pot will likely deliver the best performance and towing capacity considering its 245-hp output; the three-cylinder makes 181-hp, which is likely to deliver adequate power for unladen driving but for hauling and towing it may feel anemic. Ford may also choose to drop in a hybrid or plug-in hybrid powertrain, but we don't expect either of those to be available at the pickup's launch. Once we get a chance to drive the Maverick, we'll update this story with driving impressions and test results.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
i mean, kinda what it is. but plenty of people have bitched PLENTY that the new ranger/colorado are ToO BiG

i mean shit, Outlaw Outlaw was posting up that mini fwd mexican el camino thing that's pretty sweet too.
When the Raptor was getting that stupid coolant elbow replaced, they gave me a Ranger. Of course, I deleted the picture, but I could've sworn it was barely any bigger (height and width wise) than the wife's XJ. Then again, I'm used to the fucking behemoth that my truck is, so my memory may be biased because that thing was TINY compared to my Raptor and I hated every second of being in it.

If that's tOo BiG for whoever is buying it, just buy a cuck Rav4 or a Civic and embrace the fact you'll never need a truck.

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
When the Raptor was getting that stupid coolant elbow replaced, they gave me a Ranger.

Of course, I deleted the picture, but I could've sworn it was barely any bigger (height and width wise) than the wife's XJ.

dude it's way bigger than an XJ :rofl:

XJ 167.5" long 66.7" tall 70.5" wide

ranger supercab 6' bed 210.8" long 71.1" tall 85.8" wide with mirrors, 73.3 without

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I dig the concept. I also have zero confidence in it being useful.

Iā€™ll have to see this one, but Iā€™m leaning towards it still being more of a sport activity vehicle than a pickup. If they do a regular cab version with a 6ā€™ bed Iā€™ll change my mind. But for now, this just looks like something owned by a guy that sends a ā€œtruck stuffā€ Snapchat when he puts a miter saw in the back that he rented from Home Depot because his wife wants crown molding like she saw on Pinterest

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I dig the concept. I also have zero confidence in it being useful.

Iā€™ll have to see this one, but Iā€™m leaning towards it still being more of a sport activity vehicle than a pickup. If they do a regular cab version with a 6ā€™ bed Iā€™ll change my mind. But for now, this just looks like something owned by a guy that sends a ā€œtruck stuffā€ Snapchat when he puts a miter saw in the back that he rented from Home Depot because his wife wants crown molding like she saw on Pinterest

isn't that like the chevy thing you were posting though? :rofl:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
isn't that like the chevy thing you were posting though? :rofl:

That was single cab utilitarian truck that still had a close to 6ā€™ bed length.

I think this is going to be reminiscent of a Subaru Baja as far as bed size goes.

Thatā€™s why I said Iā€™ll revise my judgment if they make one with a regular cab and 6ā€™ bed.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It's interesting

Seems Subaru Baja ish
That was single cab utilitarian truck that still had a close to 6ā€™ bed length.

I think this is going to be reminiscent of a Subaru Baja as far as bed size goes.

Thatā€™s why I said Iā€™ll revise my judgment if they make one with a regular cab and 6ā€™ bed.
giphy.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info