Official Ford Maverick thread.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I drove a xlt 2.0 awd today it’s a very solid vehicle. I can see how it’s a great seller

IMG_9052.jpg

IMG_9048.jpg

IMG_9049.jpg

Sat in a couple of them at the auto show. They are a lot of vehicle for the money.

Agreed. As long as you can find a dealer that isn’t greedy (sure hope Ford gets away from the current dealer business model and goes to a service and delivery model thus eliminating all the unskilled greedy salespeople)

This will be my daily to replace my fusion and found a dealer willing to do A plan. There are a few decent dealers left, but not many.

I can’t get over how well priced these things are.

The interior leaves a little to be desired and the color scheme especially in the lariat is kind of ugly. And the blue panels in all the trims clash badly with some exterior colors. The pricing can get away from you quick if you want a lot of tech but in my opinion that’s not what this truck is. I feel the sweet spot is the xlt and the 4K towing is a must for the extra cooling and fx4 gives cool wheels. I just wish you could get a cold weather package with the heated steering wheel, heated seats, heated mirrors, and heated wiper park. In order to get those items you have to get a huge 2500 dollar package with a bunch of needless stuff too.

At the price point between 25-30 I think it’s a great vehicle. But loaded up approaching 40 it’s not to me. With dealer markups it eliminates the value so it isn’t worth buying

IMO the best way to order it is hybrid XLT with Lux package. Puts you at mid 20’s with all the power goodies, heated cloth, remote start, bedliner, etc. AWD would be nice but if you start creeping up towards 30’s you’re better off going Ranger.
Agree if you don’t drive the expressway mostly, and want to actually tow 4K .

I priced a ranger. 10k more comparatively optioned and 5mpg less on the expressway.

This will be my daily of which I drive 90% expressway, and I want to be able to tow more than 2k. Not only that you get awd with 4K. The hybrid does none of those things. On the forums the hybrid is getting around 32 on the expressway and the 2.0 is around 30. Lots of variances I’m sure, but I’ll take a couple mpg hit for a more useful truck for my needs. Hybrid in the city and you don’t want to ever tow. Yep hybrid

For 27k with fx4,4K,2.0 awd. I think that’s the high limit of what I’m willing to pay for one so I agree at close to 30 there are other choices

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Agree if you don’t drive the expressway mostly, and want to actually tow 4K .

I priced a ranger. 10k more comparatively optioned and 5mpg less on the expressway.

This will be my daily of which I drive 90% expressway, and I want to be able to tow more than 2k. Not only that you get awd with 4K. The hybrid does none of those things. On the forums the hybrid is getting around 32 on the expressway and the 2.0 is around 30. Lots of variances I’m sure, but I’ll take a couple mpg hit for a more useful truck for my needs. Hybrid in the city and you don’t want to ever tow. Yep hybrid

For 27k with fx4,4K,2.0 awd. I think that’s the high limit of what I’m willing to pay for one so I agree at close to 30 there are other choices

Ehh, the hybrid is still going to do better on the highway than ecoboost. If you need the extra capacity then yeah, go for the 4K. But for most “I gotta take my lawn tractor to the shop” and “we bought a plastic shed from Costco” type shit the 2000# towing cap of the hybrid will suffice IMO. It’s definitely subjective to your needs. I own a 1-ton truck, so towing isn’t the Maveric’s job.

Ehh, the hybrid is still going to do better on the highway than ecoboost. If you need the extra capacity then yeah, go for the 4K. But for most “I gotta take my lawn tractor to the shop” and “we bought a plastic shed from Costco” type shit the 2000# towing cap of the hybrid will suffice IMO. It’s definitely subjective to your needs. I own a 1-ton truck, so towing isn’t the Maveric’s job.

I mean yeah if you already have a “real” truck then the hybrid is the way to go. This will be my “real” truck. It will be making regular trips to Tennessee towing a trailer every time in addition to daily driving it all seasons in Illinois. I’m going to treat it just like the cheap whore it is.

Something about a 2wd truck doesn’t appeal to me either. For the extra 2 thousand dollars it seems like the resale will be better when I unload it in about two years. Hopefully there is a hybrid 4wd in the works for the future.

When I pick it up, I’ll post back pictures and my impressions. I’ve driven a hybrid, but not the 2.0

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
anyone else see that ford has released files for 3d printable maverick accessories? they sure seem to be pushing how you can "customize our jalopy the way we shoulda built it"

the purse hanger thingy might be of some use to you ladies

Yeah, I'm curious what owners will design now that they have the slot geometry.

Has anyone seen the advertised accessory 12-volt connector pigtails anywhere for sale? It might be like the 3D files where they taking forever to release.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info