Official Ford Maverick thread.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The Hybrid F150 groups seem to get better mpg than the rating. Many believe Ford does he rating at max cargo capacity. Which could account for that.

But a Maverick getting well over 40 mpg would be pretty amazing.

Really? Our F-150 Hybrid Limited has gotten dismal mpg. Though my guess is that the Limited with the heavy 22s and highest curb weight will get the worst MPG, and the cars certified for the F-150 EPA mpg were lighter, more-volume trims.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Fired off an email to my ford dealer today. I have an unused reservation from back in June. Asked if they could do a hybrid XLT w/ lux package in Carbonized Gray or Alto Blue. We’ll see what they say :io:

They’re bringing thousands over asking right now. Best case I love it, worst case I sell it. I’m hopeful that within a couple model years they’re going to do an AWD hybrid or PHEV. Biggest thing holding me back on buying one right now aside from having a perfectly good gas saver in the Prius right now that’s paid for...

Both of these colors are great. Plus I’m really just fixing to own something that isn’t fleet white.

797B2AFE-373D-477D-9579-9463DC4F0195.png

017DF3B8-9528-4728-AF87-9A9E18825430.png

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Mixed bag on car seats that will depend on your seat/how many. Chicco KeyFit 30 fits well on passenger side and I could comfortably sit in front of it - even moved up an inch from where it was pictured here. I’m 6-feet tall with length in my legs and short torso. I didn’t get a chance to install our beast of a Britax Advocate Clicktight. I imagine it would make the front pass seat less usable in its rear-facing configuration. And if behind the driver, my driver’s seat would have to be moved very far forward - pictured is my seating position.

C60DA848-5163-4BD4-9B61-869C4B5045D6.jpeg

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Also a weird omission that was annoying in the mornings - but understandable given it's price - the XLT doesn't have a rear window defroster. It looks like only the Lariat does with the power sliding rear window. There's a manual rear sliding window available on the XLT, but no defroster.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Really? Our F-150 Hybrid Limited has gotten dismal mpg. Though my guess is that the Limited with the heavy 22s and highest curb weight will get the worst MPG, and the cars certified for the F-150 EPA mpg were lighter, more-volume trims.

I haven't looked lately, since I stopped looking for a full-size truck. But a buddy bought one and said people have been reporting higher than advertised. He bought one and only has a few hundred miles on it so far. But he has been seeing above rating with in-town driving. He is seeing about 1.5-2 mpg over that.

It's just sad that the F150 hybrid is rated at like 24/25 mpg when others are getting with their v8. My buddy wanted one due to the generator and power supply.

Got an email back. He has an order allocation with my name on it.

That's definitely good since they are all allocated already. They definitely underestimated the demand for the hybrid.

Did they have an ETA on it? Did you confirm the out the door total with them?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Also a weird omission that was annoying in the mornings - but understandable given it's price - the XLT doesn't have a rear window defroster. It looks like only the Lariat does with the power sliding rear window. There's a manual rear sliding window available on the XLT, but no defroster.

Weird for sure, and I’m sure a lot has changed lately but I’m pretty used to pickups not having a rear defrost. It didn’t even cross my mind as odd that it doesn’t have it.

Im going to ask them about the manual slider. When I first spec’d this thing out it said I had to do the tech package to get it and now it seems to differ.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I’m going in today so I’ll have those answers shortly. It’s going to be a Carbonized Gray XLT with XLT luxury package. Block heater for $90 is only other option. I just do them on everything I order. I’ll have the numbers after.

Good luck. Deals are tough these days.

The rear defroster is probably one of the cost-saving features to keep the price of the lower models down. We are just accustomed to cars coming with standard features that years ago were options. But with them targeting such a low price, those kinds of things not being included add up.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Good luck. Deals are tough these days.

The rear defroster is probably one of the cost-saving features to keep the price of the lower models down. We are just accustomed to cars coming with standard features that years ago were options. But with them targeting such a low price, those kinds of things not being included add up.

I’d be getting an XL if it came with cruise lol.

Im curious as well. I’m not paying over sticker, below if possible lol. We’ll see.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I was partial to the Area 51 blue when I was considering it. That gray looks really good with the black accents.

Looking forward to updates with "I was able to fit this in the bed and still got 40+mpg!" when you take ownership. :)

I‘m really hoping for that kind of mileage out of it. Im definitely on the highway side of the spectrum as far as average driving, so I’ll be good with high 30’s.

GF will inherit the Prius and we’ll sell her Ranger. That way if I truly have somewhere to go and the only thing I’m carrying is myself over a long distance we can trade for the day or week or whatever

Reactions: Dan00Hawk
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info