Sports Official FIFA World Cup Qatar Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I dont watch soccer, in fact I cant stand it and wont pretend to like it lol. I did watch the extra time and shoot out at the end only because I was waiting for the Bears game lol. What I did watch was entertaining though. I heard on 670 this morning how people feel that the WC shouldnt be decided on a kick off or whatever they called it. They compared it to the NBA finals ending in a tie and having a free throw contest to decide who the World Champs are. So what are you guys that like the sport thoughts on exactly that?

Also, even though I hate soccer, I'm hoping and planning to go to the WC next time in Monterry. Not going for the game, but more so the party

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I dont watch soccer, in fact I cant stand it and wont pretend to like it lol. I did watch the extra time and shoot out at the end only because I was waiting for the Bears game lol. What I did watch was entertaining though. I heard on 670 this morning how people feel that the WC shouldnt be decided on a kick off or whatever they called it. They compared it to the NBA finals ending in a tie and having a free throw contest to decide who the World Champs are. So what are you guys that like the sport thoughts on exactly that?

Also, even though I hate soccer, I'm hoping and planning to go to the WC next time in Monterry. Not going for the game, but more so the party
You talking about penalty kicks? I don’t mind penalty kicks being the deciding factor, it may look easy to the average person but if you ever played the sport you understand the psychological pressure that they are under, whoever flinches first loses.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
You talking about penalty kicks? I don’t mind penalty kicks being the deciding factor, it may look easy to the average person but if you ever played the sport you understand the psychological pressure that they are under, whoever flinches first loses.
Yes penalty kicks lol, I forgot what they called them.
I'm not saying its wrong, for those to decide the winner. I just heard on sports radio this morning that people arent thrilled with that being how its decided.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I'm not saying its wrong, for those to decide the winner. I just heard on sports radio this morning that people arent thrilled with that being how its decided.
Not a soccer fan either. But understand the pure fucking weight that would be on their shoulders to score, 1v1, you are your own worst enemy. Similar to hockey at the end of OT.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
They did play 2 halves of an overtime prior to the Penalty Kicks. So each team does have an opportunity after regulation to be ahead during that segment, but it's not sudden death. After that, it's much like how the NHL does it with penalty shots. What I don't like about soccer is the endless flops trying to get a penalty call, which can unfairly determine the winner of a game when it results in a penalty kick in the box. Having penalty kicks at the end of the game at least eliminates the flops from continuing to be a ridiculous tactic to determine the winner.

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info