Sports Official FIFA World Cup Qatar Thread

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
This whole thing is fucky with Qatar. They openly bribed FIFA officials, told them they would have hovering air conditioners to make the games playable at the usual time, realized that wasnā€™t possible so then had to get the World Cup moved to November. Thousands of migrant workers have died building the facility, FIFA was going to yellow card teams for wearing ā€œloveā€ arm bands, another team was forced to remove the tags from the INSIDE of their jerseys because it said something about love on it. I follow Breaking Points on YouTube and they recently did a few segments on this. It wasnā€™t slanderous at all and FIFA pulled some strings to have it struck from YouTube.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
This whole thing is fucky with Qatar. They openly bribed FIFA officials, told them they would have hovering air conditioners to make the games playable at the usual time, realized that wasnā€™t possible so then had to get the World Cup moved to November. Thousands of migrant workers have died building the facility, FIFA was going to yellow card teams for wearing ā€œloveā€ arm bands, another team was forced to remove the tags from the INSIDE of their jerseys because it said something about love on it. I follow Breaking Points on YouTube and they recently did a few segments on this. It wasnā€™t slanderous at all and FIFA pulled some strings to have it struck from YouTube.

I read approx 6,500 migrant workers have died working on this.

Have to think, how in the Hell does that happen?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

I read approx 6,500 migrant workers have died working on this.

Have to think, how in the Hell does that happen?
I actually read a big story on that Thursday night. Supposedly they built a village for the fans out of shipping containers. But failed to install toilets or running water lol. The whole thing has been a cluster fuck.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I actually read a big story on that Thursday night. Supposedly they built a village for the fans out of shipping containers. But failed to install toilets or running water lol. The whole thing has been a cluster fuck.

Build or leverage the same stadium every World Cup and call it a day.

Same with the Olympics

People make this way too ā€œhardā€, granted ā€œgreedā€ is involved.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora

Can you imagine being a huge soccer fan, paying god knows what for airfare, booking hotels with your buddies, and then getting to the middle of allah alllah Muhammadville and finding out you canā€™t even have a beer? Iā€™m surprised they havenā€™t had riots.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Can you imagine being a huge soccer fan, paying god knows what for airfare, booking hotels with your buddies, and then getting to the middle of allah alllah Muhammadville and finding out you canā€™t even have a beer? Iā€™m surprised they havenā€™t had riots.

Again, find a place that caters to all, then build a stadium and use the Hell out of it for the World Cup and other events (i.e., maintain it).

Just stupid

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Drunk Sweetest Day GIF by Originals

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Ah so theyā€™re doing the same with soccer that theyā€™ve done with golf. ā€œOh hey look at these cool sports events we put on, pay no attention to all the human rights atrocities and genocide we commitā€.
Pay me $200mm a year and Iā€™ll put the biggest blinders on and NGAF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info