***Official Fantasy Football League 2020 Rona Edition***

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
This is an odd year. There is a lot of uncertainty about the season finishing as a whole. For that, I am asking people if they are willing to still put in the $30, and in the event of the season getting cancelled (we will need to have an explicit definition on this) then the money will carry over for the following year; where would would still have the same buy-in and then a double payout. This would REQUIRE a 2 year commitment from EVERYONE. If you pay in the $30, and the season gets cancelled, and you decide that you don't wanna participate in 2021, you then just donated 2020 - NO REFUNDS.

I will need a post that says you are in and willing to carry over the money to the following year or a post that says you are not willing to do so. If mostly everyone says they are in, we will run it for money. If not, then I can consider a free league, granted that people are in for it. Post up what you are FOR SURE in for.

1. Sprayin - CARRYOVER
2. Flyn Flyn - CARRYOVER - PAID
3. Aircal Aircal - CARRYOVER
4. Teege24 Teege24 - CARRYOVER - PAID
5. Fish Fish - CARRYOVER - PAID
6. TonzKnock-G TonzKnock-G CARRYOVER - PAID
7. Kensington Kensington - CARRYOVER
8. Tight Lines Tight Lines - CARRYOVER - PAID
9. Shawn1112 Shawn1112 - CARRYOVER - PAID
10. Chet Donnelly Ryan02Stang - CARRYOVER - PAID

I know it's late and the season starts soon. So I'll give a week for everyone to respond before looking for replacements. If you are willing to be an alternate, on the waiting list, please let me know.

Waiting list:

These are the rules that we have had for years and years. It has worked, but to try to make everyone happy, I'll listen to adjustments.

Any questions/concerns about rules post them up! I will try to accommodate every request if majority is in favor.

This is a copy of the rules from last season. I will hear requests about rule changes:

Scoring: Head-to-Head
Roster Positions:QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Offense_____________________________ League Value
Passing Yards------------------------> 25 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns-------------------------> 4
Interceptions-------------------------------> -2
Rushing Yards-----------------------> 10 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns-------------------------> 6
Reception Yards---------------------> 10 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns-----------------------> 6
Return Touchdowns--------------------------> 6
2-Point Conversions--------------------------> 2
Fumbles------------------------------------> -1
Fumbles Lost--------------------------------> -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD-------------------> 6

Kickers______________________________ League Value
Field Goals 0-19 Yards-------------------------> 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards------------------------> 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards------------------------> 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards------------------------> 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards--------------------------> 5
Point After Attempt Made----------------------> 1

Defense/Special Teams_________________League Value
Sack-----------------------------------------> 1
Interception----------------------------------> 2
Fumble Recovery------------------------------> 2
Touchdown-----------------------------------> 6
Safety----------------------------------------> 2
Block Kick-------------------------------------> 2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns-----------> 6
Points Allowed 0 points-----------------------> 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points----------------------> 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points---------------------> 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points--------------------> 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points--------------------> 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points-------------------> -1
Points Allowed 35+ points---------------------> -4

We will be doing a LIVE Online draft. You MUST be present at the draft (well technically not, itll autodraft you if you dont show up, but its much better if you show up. Also, you'll be an asshole, and no one likes an asshole.)

I'll be asking Mook Mook to draw draft order from a hat again this year. This worked out well the last 6 years, so we will continue to run it this way.

Also, like to send out a Congrats to Tight Lines Tight Lines for winning the 2019 Championship!

Payouts are as follows
1st - $270
2nd - $90

Reactions: Tight Lines

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
What is going to determine a ā€œcancelledā€ season? I only ask as if we do put $30 up and they play but a ton of stars or drafted players sit out, does that count? Or if the NFL plays no matter what are we playing?
I know a lot of Fantasy is luck but having to pick players that are 2nd and 3rd string as starters will really be about luck. I know $30 wonā€™t kill me but I donā€™t like lighting it on fire either.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You're not losing the money if the season gets cancelled (which I doubt will happen. I think the worst would be some postponed games and some players sitting out, especially early in the year). The money will still be there in 2021 in a worst case scenario.

To be safe, IMO, we need a corona waiver. IF an active player drops out because of corona during a week, that player should be put on IR on an owner's team so he can pick up someone else without losing what could be a top player for the rest of the season. When the player comes off of corona IR, the owner must drop another player to keep his roster at the correct size (14).

I don't think a player who drops out before the season should be eligible for the IR spot. You want to gamble on someone coming back, that's fine but they take a roster spot.

Just throwing this out there. I'm open to hear everyone's opinions on how to write the corona rule.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Iā€™m in for whatever.

giphy.gif

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
You're not losing the money if the season gets cancelled (which I doubt will happen. I think the worst would be some postponed games and some players sitting out, especially early in the year). The money will still be there in 2021 in a worst case scenario.

To be safe, IMO, we need a corona waiver. IF an active player drops out because of corona during a week, that player should be put on IR on an owner's team so he can pick up someone else without losing what could be a top player for the rest of the season. When the player comes off of corona IR, the owner must drop another player to keep his roster at the correct size (14).

I don't think a player who drops out before the season should be eligible for the IR spot. You want to gamble on someone coming back, that's fine but they take a roster spot.

Just throwing this out there. I'm open to hear everyone's opinions on how to write the corona rule.
How do you even make that work? It sounds like a nightmare. Unless there is a distinction on Yahoo, I don't know how to make it work.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Maybe add a couple IR spots and use the honor system? That'd be easier than doing it manually. You get final ruling on anybody placed on IR in case there's a question if it's corona related.

I don't know what the Yahoo settings allow.

The alternative is play the game normally but that means owners may risk losing a player if they have a mid week corona drop.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I was looking around and some recommended things we might add. Extra bench spots. Injured reserve slots, the NFL is going to designate covid-19 positive players as being on ir. Also Monday night games,if canceled on monday the league president might need to manually enter scores for that game.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info