***Official Fantasy Football League 2020 Rona Edition***

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm hoping they play the game Monday or Tuesday. Yahoo says they will count if for this week if they do. I and other managers will need to drop multiple players if they don't. The one IR spot helps but it doesn't do enough if you need to drop 2-3 players. I have no idea what the fair thing to do is. I think our setup is fair to all teams because you don't know who will be affected but it sucks.

If the game is postponed longer, it's going to really mess with the NFL schedule.

If this is the way the NFL is going to work this season, we're going to be hitting the waiver wire hard.

Adam Gase is >< this close to being fired. If the Jets lose tomorrow, he's gonzo. Thank goodness the Bears didn't sign him as head coach.

• Sad
Reactions: Tight Lines

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Of course the week my guys go off I'm playing against the lowest scoring team

giphy.gif

Reactions: Sprayin

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
I'm hoping they play the game Monday or Tuesday. Yahoo says they will count if for this week if they do. I and other managers will need to drop multiple players if they don't. The one IR spot helps but it doesn't do enough if you need to drop 2-3 players. I have no idea what the fair thing to do is. I think our setup is fair to all teams because you don't know who will be affected but it sucks.

If the game is postponed longer, it's going to really mess with the NFL schedule.

If this is the way the NFL is going to work this season, we're going to be hitting the waiver wire hard.

Adam Gase is >< this close to being fired. If the Jets lose tomorrow, he's gonzo. Thank goodness the Bears didn't sign him as head coach.
Yeah, Iā€™m going to be able to replace and make available Henry and Conner.
Are we supposed to leave them in and hope they play Monday or Tuesday?
Guess I will chalk this up as lost season if this continues.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
This was the major risk with playing this season. If one game tanks your season, how were you even planning on handling BYE weeks?

Byeā€˜s only last a week. If what you say (1 week) is the case then I agree with you, managing as Bye wonā€™t be horrible.
What I was trying to convey is how do you know if you should play PPD game players or not. It looks like they can count based on when the game is played. If they are played relatively quickly, their scores count but if itā€™s postponed long term they wonā€™t count. It would suck if they say they will play short term and you leave them in, then they decide to postpone long term your screwed.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
I don't have any players on either team. If I did, I'd bench them this week and monitor going forward.

Yeah, looks like itā€™s PP so they are on bye. That makes things a little easier. From what I read they werenā€™t going to make that decision till Monday or Tuesday.

That's what I did until the game was turned into bye weeks. Now it's just like a regular bye for the teams.

Yeah, just an unplanned Bye week But thatā€™s better then waiting to PP.

giphy.gif

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Yeah, you need a player to be designated IR before they are eligible to be in the IR spot. Supposedly, the NFL names players who actually have covid IR. Non covid positive players who were in proximity to them are not IR. If a game is postponed, only the positive players are IR.

The IR spot is also available if you have a top player go on IR for an injury. No need to drop Kamara or Mahomes, for example, if they are IR for a few weeks. Once they come off IR, you need to eliminate some bench guy to make room for them.

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
Yeah, you need a player to be designated IR before they are eligible to be in the IR spot. Supposedly, the NFL names players who actually have covid IR. Non covid positive players who were in proximity to them are not IR. If a game is postponed, only the positive players are IR.

The IR spot is also available if you have a top player go on IR for an injury. No need to drop Kamara or Mahomes, for example, if they are IR for a few weeks. Once they come off IR, you need to eliminate some bench guy to make room for them.

So Henry and James Conner owners are screwed? Because they donā€™t have COVID afaik but the game will not be played.

I have both on another team. So Iā€™m dead in the water.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

That sucks, but thanks for the explanation. I have a player from the Titans, granted I wasnt going to play him this week. But what happens if I needed too, I'd have to drop someone. Oh well, we knew the risks going in, no biggie

Reactions: Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Man, I hope these babies taking weeks off for hangnails are an aberration for 2020 and not the way the NFL is going. So many players out for BS injuries.

I can see myself making 50 roster moves this year. I don't usually come close to that but there are so many players available in a 10 team league.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info