***Official Fantasy Football League 2020 Rona Edition***

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
What do they always say? Good teams find ways to win. Tampa is my adopted 2nd team now. If the Bears can't do it, maybe Tampa can. Godwin and Antonio Brown coming in next week?

Who owns Godwin? Want to trade? I'm concerned Golladay may be out for a while and I may need a WR. Only problem with Godwin is Brady is going to have so many targets. Still, he's a good WR.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Let's talk churning. Picking up and dropping multiple kickers, DEF, QBs, whatever to block an opponent from picking them up. I was watching a fantasy cops episode today and the question came up. A manager had his DEF spot open and was going to fill it Sunday. His opponent picked up and dropped the 5 top DEF making them unavailable to the other manager. I think churning is BS and should not be done. We haven't had a problem with it in this league but I thought the fantasy cops answer was good. They said put a rule in the league that if someone churns with intent to block the commissioner should be able to give the other manager his choice of the blocked DEF (or whatever position). I liked the answer. If a manager wants to pick up one DEF (or whatever), even maybe to block, no big deal but multiple pick ups and drops just to block an opposing manager from having any good choices? I don't like that.

IMO, it would be good to have a rule like this added for next year to prevent any future churning arguments. What do you guys think?

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Let's talk churning. Picking up and dropping multiple kickers, DEF, QBs, whatever to block an opponent from picking them up. I was watching a fantasy cops episode today and the question came up. A manager had his DEF spot open and was going to fill it Sunday. His opponent picked up and dropped the 5 top DEF making them unavailable to the other manager. I think churning is BS and should not be done. We haven't had a problem with it in this league but I thought the fantasy cops answer was good. They said put a rule in the league that if someone churns with intent to block the commissioner should be able to give the other manager his choice of the blocked DEF (or whatever position). I liked the answer. If a manager wants to pick up one DEF (or whatever), even maybe to block, no big deal but multiple pick ups and drops just to block an opposing manager from having any good choices? I don't like that.

IMO, it would be good to have a rule like this added for next year to prevent any future churning arguments. What do you guys think?
If someone did that they would never again get an invite to the league, straight up. That is a bitchass tactic. If it were for big money, I'd fight them over that.

Reactions: Flyn and Aircal

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Man, Gronk had 3 end zone targets including the long pass that was close to being a TD. He's not getting targets like Fant but the targets he gets are big. Could have been 3 TDS. tonight if he and Brady had hooked up better.

I don't know what to do yet with Gronk and Goedert. This is the last trade week so I have the two of them and a lot of RBs who are better than most of your RB2/Flex guys. Anybody want to send me a trade offer? Maybe we can help both teams. I need a WR1/WR2. Check my lineup out if you are interested.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
If someone did that they would never again get an invite to the league, straight up. That is a bitchass tactic. If it were for big money, I'd fight them over that.
I agree but if we insert a written rule, nobody would ever try it. Less possible future arguments. We don't know who will be in the league in 5 years or next year or whatever. I doubt any of the current managers would do it but some people would.

If I remember, I will propose a rule change and we can vote on it after the season. Who would oppose it? Anybody think churning should be allowed? Our Yahoo rules allow it now.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I rolled the dice with Brady, figured Lamar would just do ok against the Steelers which was true. Ezekiel was supposed to not play or be on a play count Sunday night so had to gamble there. Having questionable players going Thursday night, Sunday night and Monday night sucked.

Reactions: Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Just so you guys know, the first trade I send out may not be the one that is agreed to. If I send offers and you want more, I'm happy with counters. Maybe we can find a deal that works for both of us. I think we're past the trade deadline after tonight so this is more for next year.

EDIT: Trade deadline was last night. I was late. Sorry. Stupid torn tendon in my shoulder has been "F"ing up my week.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
OK, at 8-2 and in the playoffs, I'm gambling on AB. Lazard might be a WR2/Flex but, if AB can keep his wackiness in check, he might turn into a WR1 by the playoffs. It's a gamble for the end of my bench spot. Lazard is available if anyone wants him. Packers WR situation is too questionable IMO after last week. MVS has muddied the waters.

I watched AB's latest press conference and he's talking "team". Talked about how gracious they have been with him and he wants to help them win. Yeah! Keep thinking that way, AB. Don't throw any more bicycles.

It's funny how the NFL MSM jumped all over him after the bicycle story came out. They're so much better than him. LOL Bunch of primadonnas who make millions for playing/reporting on a game.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info