***Official Fantasy Football League 2019***

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Fantasy Football Today regulated the "Do you need to start a player at each position or can you leave a position open?" question. They laughed at the thought you need to fill your lineup. According to Adam Aizer and crew, it's your disadvantage if you don't fill your lineup and the rules don't say you need to have the position filled. Yahoo scoring does not give you an illegal lineup if you leave a spot open. Regulated.

The league in question had the guy not playing a kicker winning by 47 points and some of the league calling it Kickergate.

If anyone playing me wants to leave one or more positions open, it's fine with me. ?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Depends if they are on waivers or are free agents.

Eifert and Herndon were dropped on Wed. morning so they went to waivers. The rest of the TEs are free agents.

You can take Engram out of the lineup and leave the spot blank then fill in a player later in the week. Don't leave Engram in or you will get 0 points.

Last edited:

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I'm trying to grab a TE since my starter is injured (playing tonight) but it's saying I have a waiver claim in for him. Can we not grab a player right away on game day?!?!

Players that are dropped are moved to waivers for a period of time (I think they clear Wednesdays and Saturdays?). After they clear waivers, they are FA for the duration.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Depends if they are on waivers or are free agents.

Eifert and Herndon were dropped on Wed. morning so they went to waivers. The rest of the TEs are free agents.

You can take Engram out of the lineup and leave the spot blank then fill in a player later in the week. Don't leave Engram in or you will get 0 points.
That was my problem. I didn't realize Eifert was recently dropped. I had to add a TE that was not recently dropped in order to start them tonight.

I wanted Eifert, but Engram goes tonight so I don't have time to wait for the waiver claim to go through.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Yes, you do. Put Engram on your bench so your TE spot is open. Then, after the waiver is over, put Eifert in your lineup. Eifert doesn't play until Sunday, right? The waiver should finish on Saturday.

I have previously waited until Sunday night/Monday to fill lineup spots.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Yes, you do. Put Engram on your bench so your TE spot is open. Then, after the waiver is over, put Eifert in your lineup. Eifert doesn't play until Sunday, right? The waiver should finish on Saturday.

I have previously waited until Sunday night/Monday to fill lineup spots.
Ahhh....good point! Didn't even think of that.

Thanks man!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Fantasy Football Today regulated the "Do you need to start a player at each position or can you leave a position open?" question. They laughed at the thought you need to fill your lineup. According to Adam Aizer and crew, it's your disadvantage if you don't fill your lineup and the rules don't say you need to have the position filled. Yahoo scoring does not give you an illegal lineup if you leave a spot open. Regulated.

The league in question had the guy not playing a kicker winning by 47 points and some of the league calling it Kickergate.

If anyone playing me wants to leave one or more positions open, it's fine with me. ?

If thats the rules, then you need to follow them. You dont follow the rules and have an illegal line up, you score zero. Regulated.

I usually agree with them, but for that I dont. Dropping and picking up kickers is all strategy. Then again, kickers are stupid in general and I wouldnt mind if every league ever just got rid of them.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah, I used to play in a big CBS league that had $1,500+ first place prize money. I remember you couldn't leave a spot blank with CBS. Yahoo rules are different.

Did you check your lineup recently? Gurley is Doubtful and Kamara hurt his ankle.

I know. Yahoo told my phone. I cant seem to stay on a roll in our league ever. :dnc:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
98 points and a win and Yahoo Recap gives me a "C" because I didn't play Hunter Henry who was questionable until just before "late" game time? FU Yahoo Recap stupid machine calculations.

How come you're still giving Hunter Henry 0.00 projected points, Yahoo algorithm? I give you an F.

OK, I feel better now.

• Haha
Reactions: Teege24
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info