***Official Fantasy Football League 2019***

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
As I said. 8-9 years and 1 instance from a manager that's been here the whole time. I wasn't going to play the whole "too bad" card just so Cliff can get his 12th RB.

He asked earlier but I'm a busy man so I just got to it now.
Jeff, that's exactly the wrong way to look at it. Rules are rules. You drop a player, you dropped the player. Doesn't matter if I benefit of if someone else or nobody benefits. As I said, I like Aircal and I'm glad our league is a friendly league rather than some of the cutthroat leagues I have been in. In those leagues, this wouldn't even be a question. Still, you need to put together a rule and get it voted on IMO. Otherwise, what do you do next time when you think it might be a mistake or the guy might just have changed his mind?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Here's the rule this league made. Other leagues in the thread said "tough cookies".

If your accidentally drop a player by mistake, you must notify the Commish within 24 hrs of the erroroneous transaction if you wish the Commish to reverse it and give you back the player you accidentally dropped. You must then drop another player in his place (ie. you can't just decide not to do the transaction). Also, from the time the player was accidentally dropped to the time you notify the commish of the mistake, there must be no news releases about the dropped player that increases his value.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
See above. This has literally only happened once. And the only reason you are complaining is because you were trying to capatalize on it. If I allowed that kind of thing to go through, I'd be a worse commish than reversing it.
Why? You're saying because I wanted to legally capitalize on a drop you'd be a worse commish for allowing that? Makes no sense to me. You're on thin ground here, Jeff. Read the thread I posted.

I'm not even asking for you to reverse your decision. Just for a rule that won't allow it in the future except for mistakes.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Also, I would strongly suggest owners do not click without being absolutely certain they have the drop set up accurately. Doing so opens the league up to iffy judgment decisions which, as we can see, is not a good thing.

Try to see it from my point of view. With the 10 waiver, I have no chance of getting top waiver players. I lose each time I win. I need to work twice as hard to pick up talent as teams that keep losing. I held off on picking a waiver player to boost my waiver claim high enough that I could do exactly what I did. You can see that it's annoying to have that extra work negated by your decision?

I would like to see the rule in writing so this does not happen again.

Last edited:

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I've commished probably 50 leagues over the past 10-15 years over 3 sports. This is literally the 1st time I've seen this.

Also. As a side note. The people that try to be predators, and have the general "too bad" approach to a mistake can straight up fuck themselves. I watch over my GFs leagues that she's in at work and I have to get her to tell people to fuck off and vote no on bullshit moves, trades, etc all the time because of those scum motherfuckers that just try to make easy money because they're girls. A good commish would never allow bullshit one sided trades, drops, adds, collusion, etc to happen regardless of the circumstances.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Why? You're saying because I wanted to legally capitalize on a drop you'd be a worse commish for allowing that? Makes no sense to me. You're on thin ground here, Jeff. Read the thread I posted.

I'm not even asking for you to reverse your decision. Just for a rule that won't allow it in the future except for mistakes.
So if someone who is eliminated by week 10 decides to drop their top players, you think thats totally okay and legal for someone else to pick them up? Stop it.

I'm not on thin ground at all. This isn't a discussion. This isn't a vote. This is how I ruled it. Deal with it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
So if someone who is eliminated by week 10 decides to drop their top players, you think thats totally okay and legal for someone else to pick them up? Stop it.

I'm not on thin ground at all. This isn't a discussion. This isn't a vote. This is how I ruled it. Deal with it.
That's a completely different situation and it's also covered in Yahoo rules. All I'm asking for is a rule so this situation does not happen again. My team was potentially hurt by your decision and I don't want that to happen to anyone else or me in the future.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Think about it. What do you do if I drop a WR2 and the same day, the team's WR1 gets put on IR? I can come to you and say I made a mistake and restore the player? That's not right so the rule should be set in writing so it's fair for everyone and we don't have owners getting screwed in the future.

Last edited:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
How about this? "If an owner accidentally drops a player, they have 2 hours to notify the commissioner and/or league of the mistake. There must be no news in that time that the player increased in value. The owner must immediately drop another player."

I'd vote for that. We can all access Jeff's email in the League pages so an email sent during those 2 hours would be OK. You could also post on the FF thread within the 2 hours. Either way would be OK with me.

Sorry to be a pain. I am annoyed but I'm willing to allow the reversal to maintain the sanctity of the league. I just don't want this to happen again.

Now give me the #1 waiver pick for next week and we'll call it even. ?

Last edited:

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Think about it. What do you do if I drop a WR2 and the same day, the team's WR1 gets put on IR? I can come to you and say I made a mistake and restore the player? That's not right so the rule should be set in writing so it's fair for everyone and we don't have owners getting screwed in the future.
I obviously wouldn't allow that to happen. It's not like I'm just "yeah sure do whatever you want". I am capable of making calls like this - so I did.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'm totally fine with what happened. It sounds to me like an honest mistake......shit happens. As mentioned we have never had an issue like this before and I'm totally fine with voting on a rule in case it happens again. Its a $30 league, pretty much a for fun league in my eyes. This league I pay the least attention to because its only $30. My other leagues cost more to enter than what the winner wins in this league, lol.

Reactions: TonzKnock-G
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info