Drag to reposition cover

***Official Fantasy Football League 2019***

Aircal

Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that I have absolutely no clue what I am doing this year.....Perhaps throwing darts will help me pick some decent starters.....

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Fantasy Football Today regulated the "Do you need to start a player at each position or can you leave a position open?" question. They laughed at the thought you need to fill your lineup. According to Adam Aizer and crew, it's your disadvantage if you don't fill your lineup and the rules don't say you need to have the position filled. Yahoo scoring does not give you an illegal lineup if you leave a spot open. Regulated.

The league in question had the guy not playing a kicker winning by 47 points and some of the league calling it Kickergate.

If anyone playing me wants to leave one or more positions open, it's fine with me. 😄

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
I'm trying to grab a TE since my starter is injured (playing tonight) but it's saying I have a waiver claim in for him. Can we not grab a player right away on game day?!?!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Depends if they are on waivers or are free agents.

Eifert and Herndon were dropped on Wed. morning so they went to waivers. The rest of the TEs are free agents.

You can take Engram out of the lineup and leave the spot blank then fill in a player later in the week. Don't leave Engram in or you will get 0 points.

Last edited:

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to grab a TE since my starter is injured (playing tonight) but it's saying I have a waiver claim in for him. Can we not grab a player right away on game day?!?!
Players that are dropped are moved to waivers for a period of time (I think they clear Wednesdays and Saturdays?). After they clear waivers, they are FA for the duration.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you want Eifert, Ryan, take Engram out so he doesn't get you 0 points when his game starts. Wait for waivers to complete and, if you get Eifert, put him in your lineup before his game starts and all will be good.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Depends if they are on waivers or are free agents.

Eifert and Herndon were dropped on Wed. morning so they went to waivers. The rest of the TEs are free agents.

You can take Engram out of the lineup and leave the spot blank then fill in a player later in the week. Don't leave Engram in or you will get 0 points.
That was my problem. I didn't realize Eifert was recently dropped. I had to add a TE that was not recently dropped in order to start them tonight.

I wanted Eifert, but Engram goes tonight so I don't have time to wait for the waiver claim to go through.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yes, you do. Put Engram on your bench so your TE spot is open. Then, after the waiver is over, put Eifert in your lineup. Eifert doesn't play until Sunday, right? The waiver should finish on Saturday.

I have previously waited until Sunday night/Monday to fill lineup spots.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Yes, you do. Put Engram on your bench so your TE spot is open. Then, after the waiver is over, put Eifert in your lineup. Eifert doesn't play until Sunday, right? The waiver should finish on Saturday.

I have previously waited until Sunday night/Monday to fill lineup spots.
Ahhh....good point! Didn't even think of that.

Thanks man!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
YW. Of course, someone else could beat you in a waiver so you don't want to wait until Monday with a waiver or free agent with only 1 possible guy available in the Monday game and then see your opponent decided that player would look good on their bench for that week. LOL

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Fantasy Football Today regulated the "Do you need to start a player at each position or can you leave a position open?" question. They laughed at the thought you need to fill your lineup. According to Adam Aizer and crew, it's your disadvantage if you don't fill your lineup and the rules don't say you need to have the position filled. Yahoo scoring does not give you an illegal lineup if you leave a spot open. Regulated.

The league in question had the guy not playing a kicker winning by 47 points and some of the league calling it Kickergate.

If anyone playing me wants to leave one or more positions open, it's fine with me. 😄
If thats the rules, then you need to follow them. You dont follow the rules and have an illegal line up, you score zero. Regulated.

I usually agree with them, but for that I dont. Dropping and picking up kickers is all strategy. Then again, kickers are stupid in general and I wouldnt mind if every league ever just got rid of them.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Usually you can tell what the Yahoo rules are by what the settings allow you to do. If you're breaking a rule, you will get a Yahoo warning.

Leaving spots open has never been flagged when I have done it. Yahoo accepts the fact you may want to preserve your bench.

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
Yahoo does, but Im actually in a CBS league and yeah. Your shit is zeroed out if its invalid, and Im ok with that.

By that I mean you leave it blank. You can leave a bi week player or an injured player in your lineup. But if its empty, zeros.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to play in a big CBS league that had $1,500+ first place prize money. I remember you couldn't leave a spot blank with CBS. Yahoo rules are different.

Did you check your lineup recently? Gurley is Doubtful and Kamara hurt his ankle.

Aircal

Reaction score
I don't mind kickers, but then I usually had Robbie Gould so could root for a Bear. Now I get Jake Elliot from Philly because my son and him where together on their HS team. So just a little extra to cheer for.

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to play in a big CBS league that had $1,500+ first place prize money. I remember you couldn't leave a spot blank with CBS. Yahoo rules are different.

Did you check your lineup recently? Gurley is Doubtful and Kamara hurt his ankle.
I know. Yahoo told my phone. I cant seem to stay on a roll in our league ever. :dnc:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I have Hunter Henry and Zach Ertz. Seems like I should trade one of them?

I need a strong RB2 or WR2. Don't need bench rejects.

@Jack Who do you want for Saquon? Henry or Ertz + ??? Time to make a move?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
98 points and a win and Yahoo Recap gives me a "C" because I didn't play Hunter Henry who was questionable until just before "late" game time? FU Yahoo Recap stupid machine calculations.

How come you're still giving Hunter Henry 0.00 projected points, Yahoo algorithm? I give you an F.

OK, I feel better now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom