🏡 Better Homes Official DEEZUZ Copperpot Barndeminium thread

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I'd 110% live in Montana over IL. They get slightly more snow than us in the Bozeman area, but their average temps are higher and much more sun year round. But, fuck Bozeman and those liberals.
He was trolling, obviously IN and MT is not even a comparison

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
The kitchen is toolboxes :rofl:

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Cost isn't cheap by any means, but it's quite a bit cheaper than a house per sq ft. An insulated shop is around $40-$50 a sq ft. Adding rooms and finishes inside would probably kick that area up to $70-$100. I just did something similar for a customer. A 48x80 building with about half of it finished is someplace between $200-$225k total. But price depends so much on the details.

I just had a guy quote me 48k to to a basic 3-car (24x32) detached garage. I couldn't believe it. And that was with me having to do my own electric(aside from the basics they're required to do), doing my own 2x12" stringers down the line to add the attic space, etc.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
The kitchen is toolboxes :rofl:

Those toolboxes probably cost SO much more than traditional cabinets too.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

Reactions: BS ISF

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
You guys got some money coming your way, right?

Please execute a barndo build.
A couple bucks.

We're talking scrape house off the foundation, repour patio behind house as a slab instead, barndo with nice covered porch.

We have some thinking to do. Just wanted to bump because she literally text me asking about if we could build on a basement foundation.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
A couple bucks.

We're talking scrape house off the foundation, repour patio behind house as a slab instead, barndo with nice covered porch.

We have some thinking to do. Just wanted to bump because she literally text me asking about if we could build on a basement foundation.
What's your house worth as-is? Tearing down an existing, livable house and rebuilding over it is big baller shit.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
What's your house worth as-is? Tearing down an existing, livable house and rebuilding over it is big baller shit.
Therein lies the problem. The house itself probably aint worth shit. It's a 33yr old manufactured home. The property is definitely worth a bit.

Our debacle is spend 100-150k on redoing everything in this house (windows, siding, roof, I would like to completely renovate room by room), or 150k on a new manufactured, or untold amounts of duckets building a barndo.

I JUST WANTED OT BUMP THREAD

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Therein lies the problem. The house itself probably aint worth shit. It's a 33yr old manufactured home. The property is definitely worth a bit.

Our debacle is spend 100-150k on redoing everything in this house (windows, siding, roof, I would like to completely renovate room by room), or 150k on a new manufactured, or untold amounts of duckets building a barndo.

I JUST WANTED OT BUMP THREAD
in that case....barndo for you as long as you have the cash (see financing comments on page 2)

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
We are almost in a similar situation.

They stopped making land a few years back and we have a super nice plot of it.

Building another barndo out back really isn't legal unless I split the land and sell the front house. That's too close to comfort for me.

Ideally I'd want to level the first house out front, plant some trees, then build in the back.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
We are almost in a similar situation.

They a topped making land a few years back and we have a super nice plot of it.

Building another barndo out back really isn't legal unless I split the land and sell the front house. That's too close to comfort for me.

Ideally I'd want to level the first house out front, plant some trees, then build in the back.
deep

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info