šŸˆ NFL Official Chicago Bears Draft Discussion

What should the Bears do with the #1 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Agree, he now seems to have the protection needed so he doesn't always need to be RB1. So if he doesn't develop his passing skills, He will be quickly chased out of town.

And yes, we'll still be the cellar dwellers of the NFC North, even with Mr. discount double check going to NY and the Lions screwing the pooch.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Agree, he now seems to have the protection needed so he doesn't always need to be RB1. So if he doesn't develop his passing skills, He will be quickly chased out of town.

And yes, we'll still be the cellar dwellers of the NFC North, even with Mr. discount double check going to NY and the Lions screwing the pooch.
Also has a legit #1 receiver

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Please paint the whole picture. Your acting like he was a steal in the draft.
Pretty much Darnell Mooney V2. Height, weight, arm size and hand size all pretty much the same as Mooney. Mooney ran a quicker 40.

Weaknesses​

• Small catch radius was evident on his tape
  • Wasnā€™t forced to defeat press often - is he strong enough?
  • Physical coverage could give him issues in man - needs to be more balanced
  • More of a body catcher than a hands one
  • Significantly struggled to adjust to throws behind him
  • Marginal overall ability to adjust - needs a QB who is more precise
  • Frustrating drops on tape - didnā€™t bail his inaccurate QB out much
  • Not the strongest at the catch point - ball is dislodged vs. well-timed hits
  • Needs to be stronger on the ball

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
How about quotes? LOL You can't read one site and think you know it all. Study the tapes.

"Purely electric ā€” while he timed ā€œonlyā€ at 4.44 seconds in the 40, Scott plays faster on tape. With even the slightest of advantage, he pulls away from virtually all defenders."

You're really arguing about .06 seconds? Watch Mooney and Scott and see which one you think is faster during games. Mooney gets caught from behind. Scott doesn't. There's a video above you can check out.

For this year, Velus is the one who should be concerned about his job.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Name one bad player on Bears D back 7 now. Huge improvement from last year. On paper, big D line improvement, too. Bears still need an EDGE. Watch Poles grab Yannick or Clark or similar in FA.

There are 4-5 top EDGE prospects in the draft next year. I would not be surprised if Bears target one with one of their 1st round picks. Poles wants to use the draft to improve for the future.

Reactions: Maro

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I want to see him several games in to a real NFL season being put to the test on every snap of the offense and being covered by profeesional cornerbacks at full NFL speed.

I really don't care about what he did in a college role (which is really all about non-stop offense with little defense) at a Big 12 school. It's nice to get tendencies and skills, but until he plays at full speed in an NFL game against real defenses... Sorry, it's all just mental masturbation.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info