šŸˆ NFL Official Chicago Bears Draft Discussion

What should the Bears do with the #1 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
You think Nagy gets final say on anything related to the Chiefs offense?

Im not saying anything other than Mahomes might have been tainted by being drafted by the Bears. Which is funny to me cause I expected that to be not a hot take considering the crowd in here. Plus then we would have to see his brother and wife dancing on TicToc on the news and hear about it more. :rofl:
You said "coaching staff" meaning the whole staff. You never once said Andy Reid
Fuck his brother, little fucking pillow biter

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I can spell hear as in hear, here, heir. Id assume you know what I mean.

cheeky GIF

Maro

TCG Elite Member
Jun 20, 2008
After all the hype of having the first pick, I feel like all that was lost. Da bearā€™s pick didnā€™t feel special. We filled a need but didnā€™t get a blue chipper. Iā€™m just OK with the pick.
1. DJ Moore
2. Much needed RT in Darnell Wright
3. 2024 4th rd pick
4. 2023 2nd
5. 2024 1st
6. 2025 2nd

Or we could've had Will Anderson without any trade

I think we'll end up head of taking a singular blue chip player when it's all said and done

Reactions: Flyn and GLADIATOR

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
1. DJ Moore
2. Much needed RT in Darnell Wright
3. 2024 4th rd pick
4. 2023 2nd
5. 2024 1st
6. 2025 2nd

Or we could've had Will Anderson without any trade

I think we'll end up head of taking a singular blue chip player when it's all said and done
I dont think any of us are really knocking the pick. Imo it was the safe pick when Poles could have hit a home run by taking Carter.
In the past month Ive went back and forth on if he is available, if the Bears should take him. The more I've read into what others were saying about him, the more I wanted him if available at #9 which I didnt expect him to be there. On 670 this morning they did make a good point. The Bears really dont have that veteran presence in the locker room, someone that could take Carter under their wing and show him the ropes per say. I'm not even remotely close to being sold on Jones being a competent left tackle. I hope I'm wrong but I just dont see it yet. Hence the reason if going tackle I preferred Skoronsky

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
They mentioned something on sports radio that really stuck with me this morning. Carter wasnā€™t worth the risk because he would be attached to Polesā€™ forever like Trubiski to Pace. If Carter crashes and burnes (pun intended) which might happen, Poles will look like an idiot. I am now glad they passed on him.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
They mentioned something on sports radio that really stuck with me this morning. Carter wasnā€™t worth the risk because he would be attached to Polesā€™ forever like Trubiski to Pace. If Carter crashes and burnes (pun intended) which might happen, Poles will look like an idiot. I am now glad they passed on him.
Same shit is going to happen if Wright doesnt pan out. Wright isnt a sure thing, he has the highest ceiling among the top tackles in the draft
Where's our Flyn Flyn analysis?
Holed up in a cave doing his podcast and texting Poles with advice

• Haha
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I had a busy weekend with the draft, work and people visiting.

Poles took 7 picks. Turned them into 10 plus the extra picks Maro mentions above.

He addressed needs in this draft. Started with DJ Moore, WR1.

I really like Darnell Wright. He's good right now and has big potential once he gets NFL coaching. He put Will Anderson on his heels all game in their match up. Also did well against other top college guys who will be NFL players. RT was arguably our biggest need.

Poles took Gervon Dexter who looked like the new 3 tech until Bears also took Zacch Pickens in round 3. Pickens should be the 3 tech with Dexter as 1 tech. The two of them should do a lot to stop runs up the middle. Fills 2 D line holes.

Also in round 2, Poles took Tyrique Stevenson. This fills their CB hole. Vildor immediately drops to a back up role.

RB Roschon Johnson is an interesting pick. He played behind Bijan but could have started on many college teams. He's a bigger back who blocks well and can still run the ball with a smash mouth attitude. Can catch, too.

WR Tyler Scott is FAST. He was 4th in the country in the 400 in the Jr. Olympics. Watching his tapes, the guy gets ten yards behind defenders and his moves knock their socks off. Downside is he's on the lower end of 180 lbs. Sort of a Mooney type player with more speed.

LB Noah Sewell is Penei Sewell's brother (Lions). He may bump Sanborn down a spot. Bears LB group is loaded.

Terell Smith CB fits Bears size, athleticism and length criteria. He's tough and was rated as a 4th round pick that the Bears took in the 5th. He projects as a future starter.

Travis Bell impressed Poles with his love for the Bears and the fact he worked a job while playing. Practice squad?

Kendall Williamson is a 1st academic team Safety. Smart and will be used on ST. Same as several of these guys. Bears thought about ST while drafting.

Bears aren't a SB team yet but they're closer after this draft. Poles still needs to get an EDGE or two. Yannick? Clark?

Bears also signed 8 guys almost immediately as UDFAs.

Reactions: Maro

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
RoJo was also a top ranked, double threat QB going into college. Longhorns needed a RB his freshman year and he agreed to play it. It stuck and he stayed and played even with Bijan coming in. How long until RoJo takes a handoff, runs sideways and throws a TD? RoJo is a very high character guy. Probably a future team captain. Plays in all 4 phases of ST, too.

Thread Info