šŸˆ NFL Official Chicago Bears Draft Discussion

What should the Bears do with the #1 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
The Chicago Bears have officially ā€œwonā€ the #1 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft. I felt this needs its own thread. This is kind of a big deal. If you just want to bash the Bears, please find another thread to do so. Yeah, the Bears suck, we get it, hence the pick. Letā€™s discuss/debate the #1 pick. I also created a poll. Should they trade the pick or keep it?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Trade Fields to the Colts or Seahawks and draft a QB, I prefer Stroud. I mean you tore this team down to the bare bones essentially. Might as well start fresh with a new QB as well. If they think Justina is their guy, then you have to come away with either Carter or Anderson, if not then its a failure imo. You could build your defense around either of those guys.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Per The Score, 670 they anticipate Fields will be staying as the Defensive line, Offensive line, along with Receiver core, needs attention.

Fields needs to devote to mature into a balanced, productive QB.
I'm fine with that as long as long as they wind up getting Carter or Anderson. I've always said Fields has an incredibly high ceiling, although I dont think its as high anymore. I'm not sold on Fields at all and he didnt show me jack shit other than he he is a great athlete that can run the ball very well.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea, I would invest in the defensive line first, Offensive line and receiver corps second/third. I think Field's will be better served this way. A lot of his scrambling this year which we lamented against was simply due to him running for his life because the O-line couldn't hold tackles sufficiently long enough and receivers couldn't run routes and break open. You give them that opportunity, and I think he can be much more effective. I don't think his position is necessarily the "broken" one.

The defense is self explanatory though. If you give up as much yardage and points as you're putting up, statistics of win percentages aren't on your side.

Reactions: Maro

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Bear fans ???

IMG_4822.jpg

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm watching the press conference now. Hearing a lot more truth today than any conferences over the past month. I can tell Poles and Flus are happy to have the last month behind them. It's hard to tank without showing you are doing it and Bears did a good job.

Poles said Justin needs to get better at quick release and passing. Good to hear the bosses agree with fans on obvious things.

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112 and Maro

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Poles said Justin needs to get better at quick release and passing. Good to hear the bosses agree with fans on obvious things.
This literally made me LOL

When he says it you agree...when we say it you shit all over us? GTFO

So I guess that means what Shawn1112 Shawn1112 and I have been saying is right?

Or does that make Poles a hater also?

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I'm watching the press conference now. Hearing a lot more truth today than any conferences over the past month. I can tell Poles and Flus are happy to have the last month behind them. It's hard to tank without showing you are doing it and Bears did a good job.

Somehow I knew you'd see the glass half-full.

All I saw was Poles playing with his Legos and starting every response with a "yea..."

• Haha
Reactions: Huggerorange73

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
LOL I have always said Fields needs to develop. He did some this year and will do more next year. What I liked about Poles comments was the Bears may address Justin's development with quick passes and releases next season. Didn't see enough of them this year. Sometimes you have to just take the 5 yards over and over.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
LOL I have always said Fields needs to develop. He did some this year and will do more next year. What I liked about Poles comments was the Bears may address Justin's development with quick passes and releases next season. Didn't see enough of them this year. Sometimes you have to just take the 5 yards over and over.

Couldnā€™t care less about Poles comments. Itā€™s all a for show; say one thing, do another.

Results are all that matters.

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
sexy the walking dead GIF

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
In order for him to do a quick release, it would need something like a 2 or three step drop at most and throw... But wait for it... He needs to have someone to throw too that is open! Which means he needs that talent on the roster as well as an O-line that can hold blocks and help maintain a throwing pocket. Which is something myself and a few others have been saying now multiple times...

And I don't know that Fields progressed this season. Matter of fact, I would argue regression in the back half of the season. Some of which are forces that aren't his fault/doing.

Thread Info