šŸˆ NFL Official Chicago Bears Draft Discussion

What should the Bears do with the #1 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
100% bullshit, as Flyn said itā€™s just leverage. They didnā€™t pay all that money for Arlington to not build. Itā€™s so the politicians can lie to the people of Arlington Hts on why they are going to concede to certain demands
My mother texted me freaked out about them now looking at Naperville. I said it's all a corporate ploy after the tax revaluation on the Arlington property jacking the values (and subsequent costs to them), up. It's all them playing corporate games for them to get what they want.

Where the hell in Naperville would they actually even set up shop?

Reactions: Shawn1112

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
My mother texted me freaked out about them now looking at Naperville. I said it's all a corporate ploy after the tax revaluation on the Arlington property jacking the values (and subsequent costs to them), up. It's all them playing corporate games for them to get what they want.

Where the hell in Naperville would they actually even set up shop?
There is plenty is space in Naperville iirc. Itā€™s not going to be in the middle of a neighborhood. ?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
LOL, where... I remember a time once you got south of 75th street it was nothing until Plainfield. Now it's all completely "suburnabinized" down to 135th on the Plainfield border.

If I am the Bears, based on what they were looking at in Arlington, you want a big, multi-use complex. That takes space. You would want quick access to a major arterial expressway/tollway... There is nothing that offers both in the Naperville city boundry.

- I-88 is all developed
- Route 59 is a stoplight infested parking lot
- I-55 is too far south to where anything within the Naperville boundries are.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
1687806965573.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Yannick is great at rushing the passer. 8+ sacks every year. Not as good at stopping the run. Hoping the Bears use him on 3rd downs and sit him on running downs. He's awesome at getting to the QB. Hasn't managed to stick with multiple teams. Poles won by signing him to a 1 year deal rather than multi year like Ngakoue wanted.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Fields had better take a giant leap this year or we are going to be fucked for another 5yrs at the minimum.
There are no more fucking excuses for his poor play. He has weapons including a true stud #1 WR and has a NFL caliber O-Line.
Lots of reports out of camp so far that the offense has looked shitty more times than it has looked good.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Fields had better take a giant leap this year or we are going to be fucked for another 5yrs at the minimum.
There are no more fucking excuses for his poor play. He has weapons including a true stud #1 WR and has a NFL caliber O-Line.
Lots of reports out of camp so far that the offense has looked shitty more times than it has looked good.

Flyn Flyn - please share your thoughts, along with the thoughts from the podcast experts

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020

I'll be happy with a BIG leap, a GIANT leap would be fantastic, but I think BIG is reasonable. I think you gotta take camp with a grain of salt. I'm looking forward to seeing how the offense looks the few series that he'll be in tomorrow.

Reactions: Maro

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Unless you have a well established offense preseason means jackshit.
Your not going against the top defensive players and if you do it's not at full speed. Other than can the players learn the system quickly offense is never up to full speed until like weeks 2 or 3 of the real season.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'll be happy with a BIG leap, a GIANT leap would be fantastic, but I think BIG is reasonable. I think you gotta take camp with a grain of salt. I'm looking forward to seeing how the offense looks the few series that he'll be in tomorrow.
Your not going to see anything until week 1. All NFL teams run a watered down offense and defense in the pre-season games. They arent trying to give opposing teams anything to work with on film. Its more about going thru the motions and staying healthy

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Your not going to see anything until week 1. All NFL teams run a watered down offense and defense in the pre-season games. They arent trying to give opposing teams anything to work with on film. Its more about going thru the motions and staying healthy
Guess you don't remember all the jizz expelled over H1M in the first pre-season game last year.

Such a hater bro.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Guess you don't remember all the jizz expelled over H1M in the first pre-season game last year.

Such a hater bro.
Oh I remember, SMFH
Pretty sure Flyn said something along the lines of "yeah he really sucks"
Then the regular season came and went. They won 3 games and he was below average in everything besides rushing

Thread Info